Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mopar Nut
586 Posts
I have heard about this dreaded syndrome countless times from all across the Googleverse and inter-webs. I have only experienced it once, and it was in my current WJ. Was towing a big (12", probably 2500Lbs) chipper at 55mph, around as sharp of a highway corner as you could handle at 55. Hit a bump at the apex of the turn, and there it was. In lieu of braking I just lifted the throttle and it went away. Terrifying. I only had the Jeep a few weeks at the time, and was riding on the near bald tires it came with. Barely 1/32" left. Had fresh rubber mounted on steelies from Tiresdirect.com shipped a few weeks later. That was March of 2020. I haven't experienced it since, so in my case it must have been the tires. I haven't done anything to the suspension other than stuff some load assist bags in the rear springs.

I hope I never experience it again and wouldn't wish on anyone. Especially towing. Hope you get it sorted out!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.