Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Habsfan124 said:
rcherb, I have a Rubicon, so I do not believe SYE is necessary. But is a new drive shaft necessry? rda616, what are some better quality kits?
You don't need a sye with a rubicon. You just need a double cardan driveshaft adjustable control arms and a cv style track bar bracket.

For lift kits in the 3.5"-4" range Currie, Savvy Offroad, Metalcloak, or franken lift using quality parts from different manufacturers to optimize the rig for your needs.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Awshux said:
I've got the RE 3.5", and it fits my 33s perfectly (IMO). I added SYE and CV driveshaft because I got some vibes after the lift, but I've had no rubbing or binding issues anywhere. I'm not sure why rda616 is recommending staying away from RE. I've had their kits and various components on two Jeeps now, and I've never had any issues with them at all.
The hourglass bushings used in their control arms are crap and need replaced often. The spring rates are very high which makes for a short spring free length. The 3.5" gave me 4.25" lift. The track bar has a bend that goes right over the diff rather than bending out and away. This is an even bigger issue with their extreme duty track bar which uses a double sheer bracket. The heim joint re uses is also known for its short service life.
The front upper control arms I had would not adjust below 15.25". They need to adjust to about 14.75". I had to cut mine down to get the caster and pinion angle correct.

The only re part I still have is the rear sway bar links.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.