Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in my 7th Jeep. Have a 21 with 3k miles and my FCW warning comes on, and Jeep doesn't have the parts and needs to order, now every safety feature is off. Its been a month. My dealer could generally care less when anything happens to the cars, Im in NY/CT area does anyone have a Jeep dealer/service dept that they can recommend. @JeepCares very disappointed once again.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I would not be surprised it this delay is connected to the computer chip shortages

[side point: as someone who has been driving for over 50 years, I'm not crazy about offloading safety to tech gadgets. The most important safety feature is the drover. ]

·
FCA Customer Care
5,807 Posts
I am in my 7th Jeep. Have a 21 with 3k miles and my FCW warning comes on, and Jeep doesn't have the parts and needs to order, now every safety feature is off. Its been a month. My dealer could generally care less when anything happens to the cars, Im in NY/CT area does anyone have a Jeep dealer/service dept that they can recommend. @JeepCares very disappointed once again.
We are saddened as well to hear this is happening so soon in your ownership, ddcruise. Our team would be happy to discuss with you further to see where we can assist. Please know, we do not work the weekend though so our response may be delayed until Monday. If you need a faster resolution, please contact Jeep Cares by phone at 877-426-5337. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
938 Posts
Curious, ask them what exact part is the problem. And if it is a 21, the situation with safety features being disabled, sure sounds to me (but what do I know) like a case where the loaner vehicle for anything requiring overnight would apply, right? I would hate to be on the hook personally, or from the dealerships position if something "bad" happened that a disabled safety system could have helped prevent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.