Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good evening everyone.

My GC started running a bit rough on idle a few days back, so I started looking around for what it might be...soon after, it threw P0306 Misfire on Cylinder 6...

I just changed the plugs (ooooffff fun) and drove around the block and still rough at idle, and it threw the 306 again...Going to now trying a new coil pack for C6, but everything that I have tried to find online is not definitive on which is C6. Passenger or driver...Can anyone tell me definitively which is C6 on my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L Limited?

HELP

Ian

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,757 Posts
Don't forget about the head manufacturing issue that presents the same fault condition, although, by 2015, they should have fixed that. Look for a small vacuum leak or bad brake booster check valve.

The cylinders are numbered from front to rear. The right bank is numbered 1, 3, and 5, and the left bank is numbered 2, 4, and 6. The firing order is 1–2–3–4–5–6. For reference, the engine serial number is located on the left side of the cylinder block at the transmission flange. So #6 should be the driver's side nearest the firewall.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wonder if given the difficult access one should go ahead and replace all the coil packs & PCV when you replace spark plugs. IaninNapa I suspect you might agree with that approach at this point. :smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.