Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to share that on my 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland the interior lights and radio won't shout off when exiting drivers door ( passenger door works) and the problem was not broken wires in the door jamb hinge area. I searched everywhere online and youtube for help but could not find the solution. I finally found that the problem was caused by the drivers door lock assembly! Inside the door lock assembly is a tiny switch which sends a signal to the computer that the door is unlocked which then turns off the radio and interior lights when exiting the car. I replaced the door lock assembly and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to replace the $5.00 micro switch in the door lock. It took me awhile to figure out how to release the window glass by pushing the little plastic button/tabs after you line them up in the metal window rails and then take the door panel off. I hope this information helps somebody else.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.