Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to this forum but super frustrated with all mechanics at this point. My car never has issues starting until it gets cold. Mornings when it is 20 and below it will not start. This started happening last winter. I got a new battery last winter but the issue still kept happening. When I insert the key everything turns on, besides the car. As soon as I connect the jumper cables the car starts right away. I had to get the car towed twice last winter, still no one car figure out what is wrong with it. Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I put the keys in the ignition the door beep will come up, when I turn the key there is no sounds- no clicks or anything. The radio turns on, as well as the gauges move. I have not yet checked the voltage this time around because the same thing was happening last winter with a brand new battery installed. I got the car towed twice just because I was sick of the car not starting, as soon as it came off the tow truck it started.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This morning the car did not start again, although I was able to put the vehicle in neutral and it then started. 70k miles and it was checked out by a mechanic last winter when it kept doing the same thing- they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it :( I might just go by Advanced Auto and see if maybe they can test the battery again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ryan,

Have not taken it to a dealership yet- defiantly will be my last resort considering the cost to even get it looked at. Super bummed about the car, my old P.O.S. 93 Exploder never failed to start on cold mornings.

This morning was the same issue with my Jeep- temps a little higher today 32 and it still did not start, put it in neutral and it started right up! In Virginia- waiting for this big storm to hit, just hope I can rely on my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts