Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. about three yrs ago the inside caught fire and ruined the main wiring harness. i had it fixed but I have glitches now and again etc car shutting off and and other electrical problems. the other day the check engine light came on and it said the 2nd gear soleniod is bad in transmission. took it to 2 diffeent shops and they said transmission is shot. i drove it home last night with no check engine light on and it actually shifted and drove good. so my question is??? what can i check or do to see if the wiring is causing these problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been wrestling with wiring issues in my 2008 for years. Problem after problem. Chrysler engineers....I've met a bunch at N.A. Catching on fire?! That seems like the most brilliant way to troubleshoot my poor WK at this point. But my idiot self will probably drop another $500-1000 for some aftermarket part/fix that I will later end up regretting.

Did you end up replacing all wiring after the fire? You never know what is going on underneath all that plastic coating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts