Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to upgrade the WJ's clunky old headunit with something more modern. Used a Connects2 harness adaptor so no wire cutting.

Problem is the Jeep's aerial plug bears no resemblance to the adaptor I got with the wiring kit.

I read somewhere Jeep changed the aerial fittings on post 2002 or 03 WJ's but I can't find that info anymore. Everywhere I look I find the same adaptor that I have.

This is the factory plug:

Jeeps are fairly exotic fish in the UK so there isn't much knowledge on them.

· Mopar Nut
2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7-N
835 Posts
I used a Metra 70-6502 harness kit and the 40-CR10 antenna adapter in mine. I cannot recall any issues. Metra has become my standard in the last 10 years. They are quick and easy if you know what you are doing, but are short on instruction if you don't...

Harness:

Metra has a good vehicle fitment guide on their website as well:

Reactions: Waterluvr

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the Metra 40-CR10 antenna adapter or the Connects2 CT27AA24 Aerial/Antenna Chrysler Connection Adaptor are the ones to go for.
Here in the UK Jeeps are quite scarce (like Land Rovers in the US I guess) so getting even simple parts can be an uphill struggle :rolleyes:

Now, does anybody know if the late WJ's have an aerial amplifier ? Since the aerial is in the RH rear side window rather than an aerial post I'm guessing they must have.

Reason I want to know is, FM/DAB splitters don't work if there's an amp in the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts