Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2004 jeep liberty

419 Views 1 Reply 1 Participant Last post by  kwg109
i have a 2004 jeep liberty limited 2wd automatic 3.7.car has 150000 miles and well maintained. never had a starting problem.i was gone for 3 months,came back unlocked the drivers door with the key and the alarm when off.i never set the alarm and don't really no how.i tried turning it off with the key in the door lock and the ignition,it would not go off.i even tried the spare key and same result.so i pushed the panic button on the fob,and it when off.great,so i though.
well now i put the key in the ignition and nothing.no crank.so when i insert the key
(either key) i hear 3 chimes security light with key/slash comes on low fuel light comes on air bag light comes on and the engine service light comes on,also fuel gauge not working.i jump the starter relay and the engine cranks,and will not start. i have no power at #28 fuse under the hood. i jumped the asd relay,that did not help either.i disconnect the battery cable,the only relay i hear the energizes is the blower relay.i checked the safety neutral switch with the reverse lights,and it works.i switched the pcm with the skim removed,same result.i did a physical check on the wiring,all looks good.i also replaced the ignition switch.i checked all fuses and relays,found nothing bad. i,m pretty sure that i did all the most common problems that could be related,no frayed or chewed up wires.also the engines grounds..battery also good.i,m a little lost right now.any help or feedback would be appreciated. many thanks from hot arizona kg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a 2004 jeep liberty limited 2wd automatic 3.7.car has 150000 miles and well maintained. never had a starting problem.i was gone for 3 months,came back unlocked the drivers door with the key and the alarm when off.i never set the alarm and don't really no how.i tried turning it off with the key in the door lock and the ignition,it would not go off.i even tried the spare key and same result.so i pushed the panic button on the fob,and it when off.great,so i though.
well now i put the key in the ignition and nothing.no crank.so when i insert the key
(either key) i hear 3 chimes security light with key/slash comes on low fuel light comes on air bag light comes on and the engine service light comes on,also fuel gauge not working.i jump the starter relay and the engine cranks,and will not start. i have no power at #28 fuse under the hood. i jumped the asd relay,that did not help either.i disconnect the battery cable,the only relay i hear the energizes is the blower relay.i checked the safety neutral switch with the reverse lights,and it works.i switched the pcm with the skim removed,same result.i did a physical check on the wiring,all looks good.i also replaced the ignition switch.i checked all fuses and relays,found nothing bad. i,m pretty sure that i did all the most common problems that could be related,no frayed or chewed up wires.also the engines grounds..battery also good.i,m a little lost right now.any help or feedback would be appreciated. many thanks from hot arizona kg

2004 jeep liberty skim removed still does not start engine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts