Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before this issue began I had changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. Engine starting and running fine for next few days. All of the sudden the engine stopped starting. No sputtering, no misfire, just wouldn't start. Battery good, starter good. Fuel pump primes up when ignition switch turned to "on" position. Checked fuses, all good.

Even though I'd never had to do so before, I sprayed starting fluid into the intake manifold and the engine started up and ran normally. Drove it for a few miles, shut off the engine, tried again and again engine cranks but won't fire up. I can't imagine it's fuel filter or pump since I was able to drive it (on the highway) and it ran normally. Obviously, it's not the ignition system or it would run at all.

Anybody on the forum run into this issue before? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
check fuel pressure post PSI.

check codes- even if CEL is off.

If you can check injectors - are they pulsing* when cranking engine?
* use a noid light or a test light if you don't have noid lights.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Before this issue began I had changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. Engine starting and running fine for next few days. All of the sudden the engine stopped starting. No sputtering, no misfire, just wouldn't start. Battery good, starter good. Fuel pump primes up when ignition switch turned to "on" position. Checked fuses, all good.

Even though I'd never had to do so before, I sprayed starting fluid into the intake manifold and the engine started up and ran normally. Drove it for a few miles, shut off the engine, tried again Did you squirt starting fluid at this point and again engine cranks but won't fire up. I can't imagine it's fuel filter or pump since I was able to drive it (on the highway) and it ran normally. Obviously, it's not the ignition system or it would run at all.

Anybody on the forum run into this issue before? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
If you tried starting fluid the second time around and it wouldn't start, it's a pound to a penny you have spark problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts