Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2001 no accessory power

224 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  MediumWaffle
I got a 01 recently that kept losing power randomly on the previous owner. He also removed the lock cylinder for some reason (don’t have it).

Replaced the battery ground to core support, and ground from the head to the body at the back of the the engine. Then we jumped the plug-in for the lock to start the Jeep and see what all is wrong with it. On the plug we jumped from constant 12v power (red), to primary ignition (blue), and from constant to secondary ignition (black with orange tracer).

Heat works and outside lights work (headlights, turn signals, etc.), but no windows, no radio, no locks, and wipers don’t work. Checked under dash fuses 15 & 17 because it was the closest we found to the issues in the owners manual. They checked out good, and all the fuses under the hood tested good. Last time I was in there I noticed the passenger front door clicks when trying to unlock but doesn’t actually do anything. Just a very faint click and no other doors do anything either.

Is there another spot I should be plugging into for the lock cylinder plug? Is there a ground I should look for? Anything? The previous owner broke the door latch, rolled the drivers side windows down and used a bungee cord to hold the drivers door in. So I’d like to get the windows up before it rains.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13,357 Posts
Lock you are talking ign switch LOCK?

Primary ignition and secondary ign.... confused what is primary and secondary ?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. The lock cylinder that you slide the key into. On the newer ones they switched to a plug on the back of that assembly somewhere. On the older ones we had basically all the key did was push a rod down to activate a switch so you could start it.

so on the new one with the plug, it has a primary ignition (says “start” with it) and secondary ignition (I believe it says “accessory’s” with it).

· Registered
13,357 Posts
Agreed good idea get the windows up first -
do any windows operate for you ?

I would think* the driver window motor is going to need a fused 12v jumper.

Thinking latch issue, and window down something is wrong in the door wiring etc?

Is this jeep equiped with SKIM - the ring device around ign switch? see attachment

Attachments

· Registered
13,357 Posts
why do we not replace ing lock after getting windows up ?

I'm hoping you have no SKIS/SKIM

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll have to check on the SKIM part. But it being a wiring issue going to the door doesn’t quite make sense to me since the windows aren’t the only accessory not working. The windows don’t work from any door regardless of the window lock.

when I get out to the Jeep I’ll check on the SKIM and try also jumping to the 4th pin out that Saudade mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.