Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 WK2 Overland
10,490 Posts
While it sounds like you have a power distribution problem you may want to check the 2 grounds on the right side of your 4.7 engine to make sure they're good/clean.

As can be seen in the below ground write-up G102 & G103 to the rear of the right motor mount supply grounds to the PCM, BCM, (Bus communications), instrument cluster, etc..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/jeep-wj-ground-write-up-info-4192594/#post39199282

Also note the G108 ground on the far back inner fender is also a ground location for the BCM.

While I did this write-up mainly from the 04 FSM I also checked the 01 FSM and the same grounds matched up. Not saying bad grounds are your problem but if the PCM or BCM aren't receiving good grounds it could interfere with supplying power to areas you're lacking. Worth checking and good luck.

PS. To access those right side block grounds you may need to remove one of the oxygen sensors if in the way.

·
Premium Member
2012 WK2 Overland
10,490 Posts
Not sure what ignition switch diagram you're using but thought I'd post the one from the 01 FSM. Note both 14 & 8 fuses (40a) in PDC are connected to the switch. Also you can see the BCM is connected directly to the switch via the light blue wire.

The ground for the switch, which likely connects the BCM, is the black wire and it can be seen as G200 in the ground write-up diagram link. This ground is on the driver's side of the shifter console under the plastic housing.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case the diagram you're using is different.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 WK2 Overland
10,490 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.