Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,742 Posts
Don't do the dual zone conversion. That system is not built well and will fail at the blend door and blend door actuator over time. It can be fixed with like parts but fails again. It can be fixed for good with the "heater treater' but it takes away the dual zone feature.

·
Premium Member
6,742 Posts
(I have a 69 Cougar 'vert!)
It is at KTL right now...

Anyway, as I understand it, the axle that the blend doors ride on over twists the plastic door, breaks the attachment to the axle and allows the rotation to go beyond what it should resulting in a couple of codes including #52 on the ACZ self-diagnostic and the HVAC vent defaulting to defog/defrost mode. I'm not a good reference though as I've purposely stayed away from them until I got my Overland. It's working now but was replaced by dealer previously. When it fails, I'll do the heater treater.

·
Premium Member
6,742 Posts
If you need your in-dash A/C box restored let me know. After restoring over 300 of them I know them inside and out...
QUOTE]
My Cougar had no A/C from the factory. What are we talking about in costs to add it?

That HVAC system in the WJ will need some TLC in the seals and foam insulation that deteriorates as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.