Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to All...I am new here on this Forum but not to Jeeps. I have owned them since 1987.

Here is my question, as I used to "race" Hi -Performance cars such as..Corvette, Chevelle, & Novas.
But I am no mechanic but have pretty good knowledge of it at my age still.

So, I took my 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo..to my friend to have him replace the evaporator and the heater core.
Yup, I knew what it involved and I told him to be careful stuff will be brittle after 21 yrs.

Well, got the Jeep back..freezing cold air...and a great price..$500 labor, I bought parts.
Turns, out I got "air out out of the far left vent near the driver's window, and out of only (1) of the center vents
Heat works ok,but no air on windshield when you turn it to defrost.

So he tells me..he broke the "blend door actuator which is vacuum activated" ..he tells me he will find a "used one and replace it. I have no problem with that.

Here is where I have confusion. All the websites show it is has an "electric" connection. It does not..it is "vacuum" connection and even Jeep stealer said..no go..out of inventory. But from "rock auto, to advance, to auto-zone to o'reillys they all do not "Show the Correct one I have with vacuum.

Now upon further searching..I found what looks exactly like the photo my mechanic buddy showed me. That part number is..Dorman 604-932 (ebay has photo of this which is exactly like mine, but says it will not work)?

Can anyone "shed some knowledge on this one? I would greatly appreciate it. I hope I am in the correct thread to ask this question? This my First post. Thanks..All!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,210 Posts
The temperature/blend-air
door for all models is actuated by an electric motor,

lets start simple is this manual controls or AZC, the AZC has left and right sides and LED readouts for temp.

Are you SURE the blend door is your issue? Blend door actuator is accessed thru glove box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.