Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for this, but came up with no definitive answer.

I'm currently running a 2" budget boost (spring spacer lift) with 32" tires. Looking to upsize to 33" tires and therefore adding a 1" or 1.25" body lift to clear the larger rubber.

A rep from Quadratec told me that I need nothing additional with a 1" body lift, but if I step up to a 1.25" body lift, then I will need a motor mount lift (MML) as well. He didn't sound too sure of himself, so I wanted to get your opinions thereon.

So, if I add a 1" or 1.25" BL to my 2" BB with 33" tires, what else do I need to add? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm searching the interweb to find answers. Came across a post on Amazon that says the steering shaft becomes too short. Supposedly, there is a fix: a M.O.R.E steering riser bracket 1". Can be found here: https://www.mountainoffroad.com/jee...s/jeep-steering-riser-bracket-1.html?___SID=U. Any comments on this?

Edit2: found the JKS installation instructions here: http://4x4media.info/instructions/jks/JKS9904.pdf. Looks like a MML is not necessary but recommended and makes the install of the BL easier.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
I would recommend adding a MML with the body lift. It's easy enough to do and the rear drive shaft will be that much happier.

The steering shaft lift is not required. Most don't do it, even if they are aware such a thing exists in the first place. I have one and could barely tell any difference before and after.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,225 Posts
The MML is not required.
But if it were me I would do it.
In fact, I just did this to my DD TJ.
I Installed a Savvy 1.25" BL and an aluminum spacer type 1" MML.
I also have 2" spacers in the front like you do (and 1 1/4" of spacers in the rear).

Reactions: gsindela

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
If you do the mml at the same time you won't have to worry about the radiator fan contacting the shroud.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. So, the 33" Duratrac's are on now. Here is what it looks like with just the 2" budget boost. 1.25" BL and 1" MML will be coming in the next few days. Sorry for the crappy pictures, but that's what happens when I'm a crappy photographer. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.