Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
And most of the sensors on the yj's engine ran off 9 volts, tj's were mostly 5 volts if I remember correctly, so you might be having to replace some sending units and other sensors off the engine, transmission, etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just pulled the harness off of a motor i pulled from a 97 TJ, I had to cut the wire to the alternator so idk if its any good to you. I could also get the ECM, too PM me if your interested.

·
Have Cummins, Will tow.
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
well i did some more wiring this week, dont have any pics wire are wires, i forgot my tools at work so i wasnt able to finish them up tonight, i going to go up tomorrow and get them, only parts i need that i cant find (reward if you find them) is adapter for the fuel lines (unless i need new ones) and a vacume line,

·
Registered
514 Posts
What harness are you using? If its a tj harness, it should just plug in and work. You may have had to change some sensors, but thats it.

·
Have Cummins, Will tow.
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
ok well got starter and alt mounted, fuel lines came in, it now turns over but wont start, throwing few codes,

42*Auto Shutdown Relay Ctrl Circuit; or No ASD Relay Output Voltage at PCM; or Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit; or Fuel Level Sending Unit Volts Too High (or Too Low); or Fuel Level Unit No Change Over MilesAn open or shorted condition detected in the auto shutdown relay circuit; or An open condition detected in the ASD relay output circuit; or An open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit; or Shorted (or open) circuit between PCM and fuel gauge sending unit; or No movement of fuel level sender detected

24**Throttle Position Sensor Voltage High (or Low); or TPS Voltage Does Not Agree With MAPThrottle position sensor input above the maximum (or below the minimum) acceptable voltage; or TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor

31**EVAP Purge Solenoid Circuit; or EVAP Purge Flow Monitor FailureAn open or shorted condition detected in the duty cycle purge solenoid circuit; or Insufficient or excessive vapor flow detected during evaporative emission system operation

* = This DTC will not cause the Check Engine Lamp (MIL) to illuminate. However, if another problem causes the MIL to illuminate, and this code is identified when you display all of the codes, at least you will know what it means.
** = The Check Engine Lamp (MIL) will illuminate during engine operation if this DTC is recorded.
*** = Generator Lamp will also be illuminated if this DTC is recorded.​

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You're so close man. This is always the most stressful part because you are so close to the end you don't want to stop working on it until you finish the job. Good luck, post up a vid when you get 'er runnin'!

41 - 60 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.