Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I hope it's just my eyesight but in your 3rd pic is that not a crack in your frame rail?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
I was looking at that too. Wonder if it just a shadow in the photo.
I see what you mean, that thing is not a crack actually. It's a deep scratch in the frame from where the snapped off exhaust hanger brackets was smashed into and slid against the frame leaving a big scratch in it. No crack. I'll send a close up picture later

Is that mud?

I'm surprised you don't have any lighting problems.
So am I lol. I tried to get the mud clump off but I don't wanna pull or shake it too hard because I don't want to rattle or pull loose any wires or connection. And I don't wanna pressure wash it for the same reasons. So I guess it stays for now lol.

Anyone see what I mean about that bowed in 1/4 pannel

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your biggest problem is going to be replacing that custom deluxe tie wire exhaust hanger They are hard to reproduce .Your Jeep is old unless you have some sort of classic vehicle insurance on it the at fault insurance company might want to give you book value and call your jeep a total loss if you go against their adjuster.A claims adjuster will come out and look at your Jeep He will write an estimate of the parts and labor to fix your jeep .If you do not agree with his estimate and start arguing for frame damage and a new exhaust It is much easier for them to send you a check for 15 hundred dollars and wash the Jeep off the books and then sell your Jeep for 5 or 6 hundred dollars at a salvage auction .You have to watch your step with an older vehicle Insurance companies do not want you chasing them after the repair saying you are not satisfied and you think the Jeep pulls to the left or your transmission isn't shifting right They cover their *** not yours .So they call some vehicles total losses just because they do not want that vehicle coming back to haunt them .You do have the right to buy it back should they total it but your title will be listed as Salvage Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1984 Jeep CJ7... 4.2... 2.5" lift
159 Posts
If this is your 84, I believe the dark blue is code 4L Adriatic Blue Metallic.This blue was a Spring Value color along with the 6V Sunshine Yellow in 1984, the Ice Blue is a lighter shade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe I'm inattentive, but I didn't understand if the author managed to get that girl to cover at least some expenses. It seems that it didn't happen, but it's very sad to think about it. If her father was an insurance man, he shouldn't have made a scene in front of another driver. It would seem that such people should be more clearly aware of what is happening. I was also in such a situation and then I was stupidly confused. I let the drunk woman drive away from the accident place, but if this happens to me again, I'll call puschnguyen.com immediately. The perpetrators must admit their responsibility. I should too, but only for my stupidity, not for finding money for repairs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts