Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i just finished up a 75% done Ax-15 swap on a lifted 96 GC and for the life of me i cannot find where to wire the reverse switch on the side of the transmission. If there is any wiring from the Tcm i can tap into for a switch in the interior i will take that too. I'll take wiring diagrams and/or connectors to look out for underneath and the pinouts!

also, i do not see any connectors that resemble a 3 pin Neutral safety switch

Thanks,
Ant

· Registered
890 Posts
I need to change my oil, too, so if I remember I'll try to take a picture of mine for you. The trans wiring/connectors didn't really change from OBD1 to OBD2 as I used an OBD2 42RE before I did the ax15 swap.

My TCM is removed, but I can't recall how much of the wiring I pulled under the dash. I did pull the P/N wire for the starter circuit back up through the harness and have it simply grounded under the dash, for now. I will add some type of switch in the future because it disables the cruise control.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I need to change my oil, too, so if I remember I'll try to take a picture of mine for you. The trans wiring/connectors didn't really change from OBD1 to OBD2 as I used an OBD2 42RE before I did the ax15 swap.
ok do you know what the connector atleast looks like? i could really just go from there that alone would be a life saver for me so the connectors i see underneath are two round connectors one is a 4 pin the other seems to be the one for Overdrive and the trans thermistor from what ive read, A 2 pin connector another 4 pin but the pinout looks to be in a cross shape

the connector im pretty sure you are talking about is a 3 pin connector and for the life of me i cannot find that connector on the harness its layout is something like this right?

(000) ?

· Registered
890 Posts
So I did look at mine when I was changing the oil yesterday and it's actually plugged directly into a 2 pin connector with no splicing I could see. Looks like a black wire and a blue/white trace wire. I did not get a chance to check wiring diagrams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.