Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I checked out a 95 YJ today and the body was terrible. I lifted up the carpet under the steering wheel and nothing but a rust pit! I came across this posting tonight on Craigslist:

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6195369620.html

The mileage is high, but it looks like it was taken care of, and if the poster is honest, the engine should be in good shape too. Unfortunately, I do not have any pics of the engine. Mileage matters, but not as much as if the engine was serviced properly and taken care of.

I really want a YJ and seem to be drawn to 1995's. Why? Not sure other than that's the year I graduated H.S. I want a fuel injected model so that takes out anything before 1991.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bdavid500 said:
FunnyYJ, you sent me a private message but I cannot reply, it says you have your profile set to not receive private messages. The red YJ you linked to in Colorado Springs is worth looking into.
That's because I might be "special".....okay....the price seems high by about $1k but I have a POS to trade in so maybe they will give me $500 for it. Then I'm only out $500...

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Wasn't the red YJ you are talking about priced at $12k or so? Thats more than $1k high. Thats a few grand high at least.... I see TJs with lowish miles for 12k from time to time here, no way I'd pay that much for a YJ or even close to it. If you are talking about a different TJ then disregard my message :)

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wasn't the red YJ you are talking about priced at $12k or so? Thats more than $1k high. Thats a few grand high at least.... I see TJs with lowish miles for 12k from time to time here, no way I'd pay that much for a YJ or even close to it. If you are talking about a different TJ then disregard my message :)
This one is different. However, I think I found THE one. He works downtown near me and drove it in today so I can see it without having to drive 45mins away to meet him near his home.

1993 - 103k miles (he is second owner) for $4k....only thing I am somewhat hesitant about is the 4 banger. However, since I will not be driving it on the highway often I am not worried about the potential for high rev's.

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/6197537941.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.