1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

‎CROWN AUTO
Brand‎Crown Auto
Model‎TCL1

Hello, Everyone that I have talked to says Crown TLC1 is for 1976 + Quadra-Trac transfer case fluid, and I have read it several times Online myself, But I still don't believe it , maybe I am wrong. But I find it hard to believe there is that much difference between 1975 / 1976 ? Auto Zone , Advanced, Valvoline Lube, ect they don't know Nothing, lol
like we did not no that. A Little Help Please . God Bless & An Have a Happy New Year

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the same case and uses the same fluid.

Many suppliers have no clue as to what year ranges are applicable to many parts and fluids.
Thanks for the reply. Can't find a quart of Crown anywhere in the town I live in . I got a pretty good deal on Ebay 3 for $ 50.00. Some of the Vampires on there are trying to 30.00 or more a quart.

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
The Q trac wasn't offered in in the CJ till 76 and only in the CJ7. This may be the fluid disparity you're seeing. Yours may be a 76 model year with the build date in late 75 ( or your t case isn't a BW).
You can make your own fluid using 30WT non detergent and a friction modifier. Both Ford and GM offers an 8oz bottle.The oil lubes the t case and the friction modifier keeps the cone style clutches quiet and smooth.
A lot cheaper and easier than the QT specific fluid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 4 the reply, But My FSJ " build date in 1974 " 1975 AMC 360 JEEP Cherokee S Turbo 400 has this
Borg Warner Quadra-Trac

1972-1979

This is a chain-driven transfer case used with the AMC Turbo 400 automatic transmission. The Turbo 400 has a 10 spline super-long output shaft that simply slides into the input gear of the transfer case.

"Quadra-Trac"
s

The Q trac wasn't offered in in the CJ till 76 and only in the CJ7. This may be the fluid disparity you're seeing. Yours may be a 76 model year with the build date in late 75 ( or your t case isn't a BW).
You can make your own fluid using 30WT non detergent and a friction modifier. Both Ford and GM offers an 8oz bottle.The oil lubes the t case and the friction modifier keeps the cone style clutches quiet and smooth.
A lot cheaper and easier than the QT specific fluid.

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
Thanks 4 the reply, But My FSJ " build date in 1974 " 1975 AMC 360 JEEP Cherokee S Turbo 400 has this
Borg Warner Quadra-Trac

1972-1979

This is a chain-driven transfer case used with the AMC Turbo 400 automatic transmission. The Turbo 400 has a 10 spline super-long output shaft that simply slides into the input gear of the transfer case.

"Quadra-Trac"
s
Not sure why I thought you were talking about a CJ. I must have had gas on the brain.
That being said, You can still make your own fluid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts