Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I have
2008 grand cherokee Laredo s with Boston acoustics system
Pioneer avh2550nex head unit
Maestro ads-mrr adapter module

Ive got everything working, but the only problem is the backup camera
I have the adapter that converts the factory wiring to an rca plug for the camera input.

The camera works but only when I switch to its input manually....and it only works (in manual) when i have the jeep in reverse. Why wont it pop up the camera screen automatically when i put the jeep in reverse....???

·
Registered
526 Posts
Off the back of the radio there is a wire with a label it will say "reverse gear signal wire". If the tag is ripped off refer to the installation manual to determine the specific wire I think in your case it is the Violet/white wire.
That wire NEEDS to be connected to the reverse trigger in your vehicle. The trigger can either be a ground trigger or a +12v trigger, hence why the radio has a polarity setting for the rear camera signal.

Now it sounds like your Jeep already had a backup a camera so it is a good chance the OEM wiring harness has that wire up to the back of the original radio harness and you just need to tap into it.
You may need to find a wiring diagram for your vehicle to find where that wire is if it is not.
Get you hands on a basic multimeter incase you need to start testing wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts