Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Got a question for you. I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 CRD Limited (So power everything, sunroof, backup sensors, leather, Quadra Drive-II) with 239K miles. it is completely rust free but does have minor cosmetics damages (Paint scuffs and such) I have added the factory Remote Start, MBRP Full Exhaust, Added Navigation, and a Backup Camera. I have also Done the Elephant hose Mod.

Now the problems, it Has a Head Gasket Leak, Oil Cooler Leak (Leaks oil pretty bad), needs a new Injector seal on cylinder 6, and is plagued with no 4 LO (Recall Was done to the jeep that pretty much disabled it)

I don't have the time to fix it as I have a 9 month old and am working 70 hour work weeks (Darn you Salary Jobs). Looked at the service manual and its about 20 hours of work, and about $550 in parts. I need to know how much I should list it for sale. Anyone care to throw out some numbers for me or is anyone interested? I am willing to deliver it Within 500 Miles for free and 1000 miles for cost of Fuel.

Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Used 1997 CRD Limited list from between 9k to 12k on AutoTrader but most with significant lower mileage.

I'd guess pulling and fixing your engine is at least 5 grand and then you still have an engine w/226k miles on the clock.

Maybe find a place to store it and put it on DMV non-op :wink2: ?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just to mention it, there was an 07 for sale last year near me with around 250k and a check engine light that put it in limp mode and it sold for $2k. It may be worth looking into fixing it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
In its current condition I would say it is a parts vehicle and I would just price it as the cheapest one in the local market to see what happens.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Head gasket leak? That would/could be a deal killer for me, especially a diesel.

On a some what related note, a guy on sprinter forum bought a gde tune to delete egr, dpf and swirl motor errors. He promptly got roasted by guys that said "now you can't resell that vehicle with a tune that just deletes errors".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.