Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Jeep enthusiasts, I’m excited to report I am not back in the club as today I bought the 4th jeep I’ve ever owned.
A 2006 LJ. But the 6 disc CD changer clicks like Crazy when I turn on and off the jeep. And I am unable to select CD
Any advise appreciated. Thanks

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,306 Posts
Honestly? It's 2022 and I know from some several other posts you've made that you want to keep it stock as possible.

But, upgrading your stereo and making it a 2022 compatible thing (bluetooth) probably should be considered over fixing a skipping disc changer.

Just my .02

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don’t need blue tooth. Just need the disc changer to stop making noise. I bought three of these lifetimes 15 years ago and they have more than paid for themselves. Just need an fm station for fm modulation.
I just buy a new kit ever time I buy a new new ride and move the active unit to the one I’m driving.
But send a link to the one that will for and I’ll consider it. Doesn’t sound cheaper than fixing or deactivating the ****ty disc player

·
Registered
167 Posts
These are the easiest auto to install these in.
I Love Jeeps !!
I'm with you on the Sirius radio. I've got a slightly different receiver that has a lifetime plan on it. I have it hooked up to my RV stereo.
When I bought this TJ, it had an Alpine head unit with a Sirius receiver already installed. I bought the cheapest "music only" plan to activate it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well nuts to this CD changer. The unit did not want ti let go of these cd’s I so just disconnected it and left it out of the radio until. I put the radio back in and NO MORE CLICKING!!! No more cd’s either but the satellite radio is in full effect!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts