Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

02 Wrangler TJ 4 cyl. P0132, P0135, & P0505

1929 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jtec
Okay, so i recently had my check engine light come on, i hooked my scanner up and it showed P0132.
So i ordered a NTK Upstream Oxygen Sensor and replaced it. At the same time, I went ahead and took off the throttle body and cleaned the IAC and throttle body itself.
I cleared the code and took it for a drive. About 5 minutes into the drive it started loosing power, RPMs dropped, and it started jerking and "jumping" back and forth. I pulled
out the scanner and now it read P0132 & P0135.
So i had it towed to my local shop. They told me I "Put the O2 sensor in wrong" and replaced it with a Bosch... (Yeah I know).
I picked it up from the shop and it drove fine.. However the CEL was still on. I pulled P0132 & P0135 again. But it wasn't bucking and jerking down the road.
So I took it back again to have them actually fix what they were suppose to. They told me that they ordered 3 different O2 sensors (Another Bosch, Denso, and NTK) and they still couldn't get the CEL light to go off.
So finally I decided i'd just take it back for now and try to figure it out on my own. Well, 5 minutes into the drive home, it starts kicking and bucking again. I loose all acceleration (unless my foot it BARELY on the accelerator) and it cuts out on me at a red light.
I pull the codes the old fashion way (turn key on-off-on 3 times) and I get P0505 & P0132.

I have a feeling it's not the O2 sensor now, but might be either a clogged cat or maybe the IAC is shot.

Any suggestions or ideas?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Okay, so i recently had my check engine light come on, i hooked my scanner up and it showed P0132.
So i ordered a NTK Upstream Oxygen Sensor and replaced it. At the same time, I went ahead and took off the throttle body and cleaned the IAC and throttle body itself.
I cleared the code and took it for a drive. About 5 minutes into the drive it started loosing power, RPMs dropped, and it started jerking and "jumping" back and forth. I pulled
out the scanner and now it read P0132 & P0135.
So i had it towed to my local shop. They told me I "Put the O2 sensor in wrong" and replaced it with a Bosch... (Yeah I know).
I picked it up from the shop and it drove fine.. However the CEL was still on. I pulled P0132 & P0135 again. But it wasn't bucking and jerking down the road.
So I took it back again to have them actually fix what they were suppose to. They told me that they ordered 3 different O2 sensors (Another Bosch, Denso, and NTK) and they still couldn't get the CEL light to go off.
So finally I decided i'd just take it back for now and try to figure it out on my own. Well, 5 minutes into the drive home, it starts kicking and bucking again. I loose all acceleration (unless my foot it BARELY on the accelerator) and it cuts out on me at a red light.
I pull the codes the old fashion way (turn key on-off-on 3 times) and I get P0505 & P0132.

I have a feeling it's not the O2 sensor now, but might be either a clogged cat or maybe the IAC is shot.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Your symptoms sound EXACTLY like a cam sensor.

I understand the codes you're getting suggest otherwise but every bad Cam sensor I've come across behaves exactly as you speak. Usually the threshold is around 2400 rpm of running fine up to that point then falls on it face at 2450 onward. . Won't stall..just shuts all power down so to speak.

The iac is a problem and sounds needing replaced.

Lastly and don't rule this out.

Fuel pump. Unlikely but possibly.

Good luck.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
I was doing some poking around and noticed a broken hose coming from the top of the valve cover.
So I replaced that. In addition, while running back through everything I did on the throttle body, I noticed the IAC wasn't Plugged in all the way... (i'm an idiot)
After re-assembling the throttle body and MAKING SURE EVERYTHING WAY PLUGGED IN, I started her up and took her down the street. No more bucking and kicking. Noticeably more power but not quite right.
Also, noticed that Code P0505 has now disappeared. However, Code P0132 still remains. Also, the mpg has dropped some.

Now trying to figure out why P0132 doesn't go away...

· Registered
20 Posts
did you figure it out? i have the same code. i cant find the problem

Update:
I was doing some poking around and noticed a broken hose coming from the top of the valve cover.
So I replaced that. In addition, while running back through everything I did on the throttle body, I noticed the IAC wasn't Plugged in all the way... (i'm an idiot)
After re-assembling the throttle body and MAKING SURE EVERYTHING WAY PLUGGED IN, I started her up and took her down the street. No more bucking and kicking. Noticeably more power but not quite right.
Also, noticed that Code P0505 has now disappeared. However, Code P0132 still remains. Also, the mpg has dropped some.

Now trying to figure out why P0132 doesn't go away...

· Registered
13,359 Posts
might want to consider another shop to help with your jeep

the P0132 is likely a WIRING issue, there is HIGH voltage on B1S1 return circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.