Email Bookmark Print
oltei

Jeep Information

Year:2020

Model:Grand Cherokee, Laredo Trim

Engine:3.6

Transmission:4x2

Hello friends,

I need a piece of advice: I live in Saudi Arabia where during summer, temperature between 45-50 degrees are normal. I will leave the country for almost two months and the car will be staying under the sun (protected only by a car cover). Question is: should I remove the battery before I leave and store it inside the house? Will it still be usable once I return? Since the CPU will be without power, what will happen when I connect the battery back? (the car is bought about 6 months back)

Any other tips that I should be aware of? I searched online about removing and adding back the battery but I could not find any advice about this particular topic).

Thank you,
Andrei

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jd41wk2
View Jd41wk2's Jeep
06-06-2021, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oltei View Post
Hello friends,

I need a piece of advice: I live in Saudi Arabia where during summer, temperature between 45-50 degrees are normal. I will leave the country for almost two months and the car will be staying under the sun (protected only by a car cover). Question is: should I remove the battery before I leave and store it inside the house? Will it still be usable once I return? Since the CPU will be without power, what will happen when I connect the battery back? (the car is bought about 6 months back)

Any other tips that I should be aware of? I searched online about removing and adding back the battery but I could not find any advice about this particular topic).

Thank you,

Andrei
It's not a hop skip and a jump to disconnect the battery... if you're dead set on it put a battery tender on the Jumpstart points of the car or the battery terminals themselves. It's tough to get to it bc it's under the passenger seat

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ColdCase

My Reality Check Bounced
View ColdCase's Jeep
08-30-2021, 08:05 AM
All the important settings are stored in non volatile memory. So you don't loose anything when the battery is disconnected.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome