|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-11-2019 08:39 AM|
|gutthans||There is always the remote possibility that water is actually freezing inside the housing from puddle jumping...Normal motor radiated heat should evaporate that water once you shut down however. A more likely explanation would be 'rust' or stiffened/tacky grease due to cold. You could easily hang an incandescent light bulb over/under the starter at night, which may warm it enough to allow easy starting. Your other option is to drop the starter and inspect it, as well as energize it (on the ground) to observe whether the gear is properly throwing.|
|03-10-2019 08:37 PM|
Originally Posted by 02jeepgal View Post
|03-10-2019 08:20 PM|
Hey everyone. I have an '02 Wrangler X 4.0. After going thru puddles now that things are starting to melt up here in Maine, it then gets cold again overnight and my starter freezes. I have to use my hairdryer on it for 10 minutes or so to get it to start. Any ideas on how to shield it? Know of a starter that won't freeze? Thanks!