|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|10-27-2014 12:31 PM|
Ok, so I decided to buy some 2.99 Champion plugs and the weird idle went away from what I can tell. For the vibration, I brought it into a small mechanic I trust and he said that my 33's were cupped really bad. He rotated the tries (been a year or so) and the vibration was reduced. He thinks that it was a combination of Bosch plugs and cupped tires.
So far, she is doing better but I am going to keep looking. I am also getting her in to the dealership to check the codes and TSB. Thank you for the help so far!
The Bosch plugs are the platinum plugs that have the single pole with the pin point. Never again will I use Bosch.
|10-26-2014 02:51 PM|
Tell us more about these Bosch plugs?
Not much love for Bosch plugs around here. Champs or Autolites only.
|10-26-2014 01:38 PM|
There is a TSB on this & exhaust leaks are also known to throw these codes. Try the links below.
The P2096 is common for an exhaust leak near an O2 sensor. I had just replaced my front catalytic converters and the exhaust manifold bolts keep loosening. On a good bump, I get a 'thunk' from them. Every few weeks, I need to get in there and tighten the bolts. The flange does not seat flush and has some angle room in it. The code will go away when the leak is sealed. So if you have done any exhaust work near the exhaust manifold, this is probably it.
Jeep is throwing p2096
Here is the TSB
|10-26-2014 11:05 AM|
05' engine codes and unknown problem..
I will try to keep this to the point in hopes that someone out there has an answer...
- Changed spark plugs 3 weeks ago (bosch single pole) and a week after the code P0306 (cyl 6 mis fire).
- Occurred when OD was off and gunned it to 70mph on highway. Started to shake and vibrate when stopping 35-15 mph. Rumbled until stopped and went to normal idle and quiet.
- Checked plugs and looked good.
- Engine started to produce a vibrating/pulsating sound around 40mph (almost a grind).
- Changed TPS (mopar), coil pack, regooped connections for fuel injectors and spark plugs.
- Acceleration is good, no shake if going 55mph and constant.
- Rough idle when slowing when letting off of gas. Putting it in N or P and hitting gas does NOT cause any issues. Only when in gear and mainly decelerating.
- Just popped P2096 & P2098 codes (two sets).
I really need help on this one because I have looked at hundreds of pages with no luck. The codes and symptoms are not matching. I do have a CPS that I can put in and one mechanic thought it was a torque converter issue but I am not convinced.
My 2005 Wrangler has 145,000 miles and all fluids are great and never had an issue until iI decided to change the plugs.