Green Gorilla

Garage
Vehicle Name Green Gorilla
Year 1989
Make Jeep
Model Wrangler
Color Green
Packages Money Pit Upgrade
History Bought in 2016, 258 I6. I've done a fair amount to it. While it doesn't have a fire breathing V8, or a rock crawling suspension set up, I love it. I'm actually trying to keep it in an "Upgraded" stock form, not as boring as a purist, but not as chopped up as a crawler or hot rod, either. Hence stock bumpers I bought, stock runnin boards and fenders, etc. With just enough change to be called custom.

I don't see very many YJ's in town, when I do, they are running steelies and just look tired, or slaughtered up because it's a "YJ", and looks like it takes Monster drinks and not gas to run. To me, they are Iconic, and less and less of them are around, so would like to keep this iconic look going forward, just one primate's opinion.

I also have full hard doors and top as well. So for a "keeper" of an original look, I have all the parts.
Exterior
1989 Jeep Wrangler Exterior 1989 Jeep Wrangler Exterior 1989 Jeep Wrangler Exterior
Warne XD9000

Hella Driving Lights

Brushed Stainless Bumpers, hinges, etc

Custom Brushed stainless Rear Bumper overlay-so I can have a Hitch

Interior
1989 Jeep Wrangler Interior 1989 Jeep Wrangler Interior 1989 Jeep Wrangler Interior
Home Made Center console

Home Made False Floors-adds storage and when rear seat is out makes for a full flat rear

Green LED Dash lights

Brushed Aluminum shifters to match Exterior and steering whell

In-Car Entertainment
A cheap Boss Radio, It's ironic it's called "Boss", lol. Only $30 and has Bluetooth, so can't complain, lasted longer than an expensive Kenwood. The rear has Sony Xplods in front of the rear wheel wells in some formed plastic and Xplods in the front as well. Pretty sure they're from the Bush years, but they still work. All bought by PO, except the Baller Boss head unit.

Under the Hood
Nutter Bypass
Weber 38/38
Cleaning up the wiring now
Upgraded Alternator-PA Performance
Rebuilt AX15
SYE and Double Joint Shaft
External Slave Mod
Will add pics when it's prettier, lol

Suspension
1989 Jeep Wrangler Suspension
2 inch cheapy "Zone" lift

3/4" Shackle Lift

Cut rear Track Bar

Adjustable Front Track Bar

6 Degree Rear Shim

Engine Mount Shims-Allowed me to get good angle and also cut the tranny skid plate bushings in half/raise "the belly"

Wheel and Tire
1989 Jeep Wrangler Wheel and Tire 1989 Jeep Wrangler Wheel and Tire
30" Firestone Destinations
Old School Pacer Rims
Spare with matching Rim and Tire
Views: 12

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome