1976 Jeep CJ5

Garage
Vehicle Name
Year 1976
Make Jeep
Model CJ5
Color White
Packages Denim renagade
History I did this once before when I was 25 and my son loves the pictures of it. When he was 12 he had his boating license and a 14' center console dinghy on the Merrimack river where I keep my boat. total freedom for a 12 yo. He always talked about doing a jeep like my old one so I found a fairly unmolested CJ5 with the 304 (that was a must) on Craigslist and made him the offer it was his boat or the jeep but not both (I try to only spoil him on a limited basis). He chose the jeep so here we are. We started strong having the engine rebuilt at a local race engine shop slightly modified :) and then tore the chassis down to nothing and having it sand blasted fixed any weak spots on the frame (I learned to weld at my first job at a campground) and rebuilding the tranny and transfer case, new suspension and new components wherever we needed. I then contracted throat cancer and that set us back a while but we're back at it. It's a great father son project
Exterior
Shell valley fiberglass tub and fenders and hood

Interior
Some form of bed liner in white and new seats but a basic beach jeep

In-Car Entertainment
Haven't decided may just be a blue tooth speaker strapped to the roll cage

Under the Hood
304 was rebuilt totally at a local race engine shop R&L engines in Dover NH, they ran it and broke it in. It has a mild cam and Edlebrock heads and intake with a holly 650

Suspension
Stock but new with a 1" body lift. that plus the relief on the suspension from the reduction in weight of the fiberglass body is enough in my opinion. Not a rock crawler and not a grocery getter someplace in between. Kind of a restomod

Wheel and Tire
Haven't chosen yet that'll be the last thing
Views: 10

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome