Vehicle Name Orange Peel
Year 1982
Make Jeep
Model CJ7
Color 2018 Crush Orange PL4
Packages Wide Trac
1982 Jeep CJ7
1982 Jeep CJ7 1982 Jeep CJ7 1982 Jeep CJ7
History Purchased near Rockford, IL. Total rust bucket when it was parked in a barn in 2000 and left to die. Was able to salvage the drive train, fenders, wiring, and some interior. The rest is being used for yard art and scrap.
Exterior
1982 Jeep CJ7 Exterior 1982 Jeep CJ7 Exterior 1982 Jeep CJ7 Exterior
95' YJ tub with most of the CJ pieces cut from the original and welded in. I kept the fill neck on the drivers side so I could use a 19 gallon poly fuel tank. YJ half doors and soft top were used. It was my first complete from body repair to paint job. I overthought it and followed the directions too much and ended up with some orange peel. I could do much better if I do another one, but for a $600 paint job, I am fine with it. Cheepo winch new from marketplace, but the controller connector broke before I ever used it. Swapped out with the WARN solenoid unit and all is good now.

Interior
1982 Jeep CJ7 Interior 1982 Jeep CJ7 Interior
Stock. Black mass back carpet, custom OE style seat covers from a company in CA, new seat belts and Best Top roll bar cover. Original CJ fold and tumble back seat. Tilt steering wheel and stock dash except for the radio.

In-Car Entertainment
1982 Jeep CJ7 In-Car Entertainment 1982 Jeep CJ7 In-Car Entertainment
Pioneer BT unit and Alpine pocket amp in the glove box. Custom PVC l on the poly 5-1/4's in the dash. Cheepo 10" kicker and MTX amp behind the rear seat.

Under the Hood
1982 Jeep CJ7 Under the Hood 1982 Jeep CJ7 Under the Hood 1982 Jeep CJ7 Under the Hood
Stock 305 chevy V8. Picked it up in Chicago from a gut doing an LS swap on a '84 impala that was super clean and only had 60k miles. Low miles confirmed when I changed the intake manifold and oil pan seal and rear main seal. Best $150 I ever spent. Used the Howell TBI I kept from my CJ 5 304 V8 when I sold it. Custom 442 dual snorkel air cleaner to give it a retro look. Custom battery box for a ridiculous marine battery I had sitting around.

Suspension
1982 Jeep CJ7 Suspension 1982 Jeep CJ7 Suspension 1982 Jeep CJ7 Suspension
3-4" lift leafs I bought from Marketplace. Not sure what they are, but they ride fine. The custom built frame has the front shackle reverse and is YJ width. Spring perch mounts had to be cut and rewelded on the original '82 wide trac axles. Clocked up the rear and replaced the driveshaft with CV style. Rear end was bone dry, so new 3.54 gears and bearing in the rear, new seals and bearings in the front.

Wheel and Tire
1982 Jeep CJ7 Wheel and Tire 1982 Jeep CJ7 Wheel and Tire
ProComp 15x8 with street locks painted orange to match. 33x10.5 BFG tires.
Views: 25

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome