Mister 4x4

Garage
Vehicle Name Mister 4x4
Year 1980
Make Jeep
Model CJ-7
Color Gray
Packages None that I know of, although it might be a Renegade
History So I have this really good friend who had an awesome '92 Jeep Wrangler Islander that was an absolute blast to drive. We went 'wheeling all the time and had SO much fun just hangin' out together, working on our rigs, or whatever. One day when I took my '85 Nissan 4x4 to a glass shop to have the windshield replaced, he asked if he could drive the Nissan right about the same time I asked if I could drive his Jeep. HA! Great mind DO think alike. So, even though it was only a few miles, I thoroughly enjoyed driving his Jeep (the top was down and it was an awesome day, so who wouldn't love that?!). I decided at that point that I would have a Jeep someday.

A few years later, I picked up my 1980 CJ-7 from the Auto Skills Development Center at Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas, in March 1995 while my wife was stationed in Korea. I was afraid when I called her and told her that I had ditched my Blazer and bought a Jeep, that she would be upset. But quite to the contrary, she was almost ecstatic since she actually really hated my '78 K5 Blazer - another story. OK - so that went well...

Over the years since, I've had lots of fun with the Jeep, playing in the lakes, climbing hills, putting everything back together when it broke, and making it nice again for local car shows.
Exterior
WideTrac axles w/4.10s - Open front w/Warn hubs & Detroit, welded tubes, and Moser 1-piece rears
Warn 8274 winch
Smittybilt Nerf Bars
custom-fabbed (by me) front stinger and spare tire rack
swing-out fender mod (Cheap Trick from 4Wheel & Off Road mag)
Super Swamper tire graphics on the side to help hide all the mesquite stripes

Interior
TJ front seats & YJ fold & tumble rear
3-point seat belts
black astroturf floor covering
no-name center console
Bestop CJ Roll Bar pad/cover

In-Car Entertainment
JVC AM/FM/Cassette
GLS 400 watt 4-channel amp
Optimus 200 watt 2-channel amp
Infinitys