MoonShine (White Lightning)

Garage
Vehicle Name MoonShine (White Lightning)
Year 1980
Make Jeep
Model CJ7
Color White
Packages Renegade
1980 Jeep CJ7 1980 Jeep CJ7 1980 Jeep CJ7
History I found MoonShine in Tampa, where she probably saw more tittyz than the Stripclubs up there. She was well cared for in her previous life, but I noticed the clutch needed a new throw out bearing, so I started taking her apart. As I did this, I found the Tranny (Bruce Jenner) leaks, as well as the transfer case, so I figured to really get up in her guts and reseal, and get rebuild kits for the whole drivetrain. Oh, and I painted it all in AMC Blue, and POR15 Black on everything that I could, eliminating all rust along the way using Evap-O-Rust and wire wheels. Iíve been working on her part time on and off, just because Home projects have been taking priority (yeah I canít believe I said that either, but I have 2 young children), due to hurricane damage last year to the roof, then the water heater blew out in the garage next to the Jeep, A/C problems, oh yeah, and I had to dig up my outfall structure to the septic tank and leach field to correct crappy construction practices. So I am finally getting back to her and hope to get her out of the garage and back to the road, or Off-road. We are almost there, and now the kids are asking me when is it gonna be done? I am getting Anxious and Excited! I am just running into little problems of either figuring out what parts were used from what the previous owners have swapped out or ďbastardizedĒ. The Mystery Continues...
Exterior
1980 Jeep CJ7 Exterior 1980 Jeep CJ7 Exterior 1980 Jeep CJ7 Exterior

Under the Hood
258 In-line Straight 6

Suspension
1980 Jeep CJ7 Suspension
Rancho Leaf Springs and Shocks

Wheel and Tire
1980 Jeep CJ7 Wheel and Tire
33x12.50R15LT Mickey Thompson Baha Claws on Polished Aluminum Mickey Thompson Rims
Views: 7

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome