Garage
Vehicle Name DaddyJeep
Year 1987
Make Jeep
Model Wrangler
Color OD Green with some Hot Rod Flames
1987 Jeep Wrangler
1987 Jeep Wrangler 1987 Jeep Wrangler
History I purchased Daddyjeep in February of 1999. It has seen a lot of changes through the years. It was originally equipped with the 4.2 6 cylinder which I immediately upgraded with a Holley carb. Later I added a Howell fuel injection system to it. I ran it like that with a 4" lift and some 31" BFG MT's for quite a few years. Then..... I started over. Built from the ground up with late 70's Bronco axles, custom designed suspension and a 5.2.
Exterior
1987 Jeep Wrangler Exterior
Removed any sheet metal that would get in the way of tires. Built my own bumpers on both ends. I recently added a Trail Tubes stinger which ties into the fenders I build out of 1 3/4" square tubing.

Interior
I installed a family style cage out of a '95 as well as the seats. I also built a custom center structure to hold the XJ shifter, that works with a Novak Cable shifter for the t-case, and the ZJ transmission shifter.

Under the Hood
1987 Jeep Wrangler Under the Hood 1987 Jeep Wrangler Under the Hood
I am in the process of installing a TBI Chevy 350

Suspension
I built the long arm 4 link in the rear using brackets and Ballistic Joints from Ballistic Fabrication. I also used Ballistic Fabrication Shock Hoops front and rear to mount the 16" travel ADS Nitrogen Shocks. The front suspension uses modified Ford Radius Arms with more Ballistic Joints.

Wheel and Tire
I am currently running some 35x12.50 Cooper STT's on 15x10 steel wheels
Views: 33

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome