Daily Driver
Web Wheeler

Garage
Vehicle Name Daily Driver
Year 1989
Make Jeep
Model YJ
Color Blue w/ sand
History Eight years ago I traded a rusted out Chevy 1/2 ton to someone who wanted the granny low tranny for a '91 2.5 YJ with a rod through the block. A jeep sounded like a fun project; I never had one and like off-roading. After a number of interrupted starts on a rebuild I bought an '89 2.5 as a daily driver. I've very much enjoyed it, been quite dependable.
Bought or traded for about six "parts jeeps" over the last eight years, and in essence gave up on the '91 due to damage done while it was sitting.
At this point the DD is nearing the end of its life cycle due to rust, but I have a clean frame, an '89 tub, and and 90% of everything to make my DD new again, but with frame mods to add lift still using 'stock' springs, lifted motor and tcase crossmember, 1" front stretch, along with an SYE, flat skid, CJ front clip, and XJ 4.0 w/ external slave AX15. As of May 2017 I think I'm within a month or two of taking a week off to transfer stuff and swap critical components to breathe a new life into the jeep. What could be better than all my mods added to the factory YJ improvements and disguised under a classic CJ look?! So for now, everything is 'coming' but not installed.
Exterior
Coming: CJ hood, grill, fenders, flares

Interior
Coming: '91 Capri XR2 seats, LED lighting, roll cage add-ons to 'family' roll bar, sound deadening

In-Car Entertainment
Coming: DVD/media/Bluetooth head with 4 spkrs, sub, 10" monitor

Under the Hood
Swapping up to 98 XJ 4.0, rebuilt external slave AX15, rebuilt NP231/SYE, 4-row CJ radiator, on-board air if I have time.

Suspension
Stock 5-leaf up front with ~1.2"+ lift gained by removing factory cast perches; steering box, sway bar, and axle moved 1" forward; stock 4-leaf fronts with a fifth leaf added for rear springs; 8.8 with 4.11s, 5/8" lift boomerangs in rear; no track bars, rear shackle mounts relocated down 1-5/8"OC to bottom of frame to match front lift

Wheel and Tire
'99/'00 XJ alloys. Will buy 31-10.50s new if decent used ones don't appear.
Views: 134

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome