tire pressure monitor problem on Compass - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
rchurch5454
2009 MK Compass 

Thanks for the posts. Both of my tires had the silver plastic caps that came original with the car. Apparently, when I went to get an oil change the people who checked the tire pressure were just going fast and/or had too rough of hands cracking 2 of the four sensors. From what the dealer told me, theses aren't delicate pieces but you can't go forcing things on/off of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec View Post
To add to this it must be the correct plastic caps too. If you look down the cap of your new one you will see it has a rubber seal at the end, this is to stop water entering the valve. Other caps from rubber valves don't have a seal in the end and there has been issues getting warranty on a valve with the incorrect cap on it.
I had the metal one's on mine.. what a pain! Had to use channel locks to get the caps off. But I never noticed the the rubber seal on the replacement caps i put on.. i'll have to look.
post #18 of 24 Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 AM
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

I had two of mine break off while changing from snow tires to all season. OEM caps. The shop I was at tried to bill me for it and I told them they weren't broke when I dropped the car off so I ended up not paying.

post #19 of 24 Old 11-14-2013, 11:14 PM
jeepbrads

2008 sport jeep compass many problems

I bought a 2008 Jeep sport compass 4 wheel drive Before I bought the vehicle he told me there's a sensor bad that controls the flap that helps fuel milage And it was causing The tire sensor the engine light the four wheel drive light to come on And I asured me he would fix it which I have bought three vehicles from him and he is a man of his word And gave me an ESP deluxe warranty no money out of pocket The motor did flutter when going up a hill like was strugling for gas After replacing a sensor it did fix the fluttering And the engine light went off but lhe 4 wheel drive light and the tire sensor light stayed on So I took it to the local dealer which is a small town small dealer and not much knowledge He plugs in the computer in about five ishues come up, from 4 wheel drive temporarily disabled to voltage problems When you first crank the four wheel drive light is not on I asked him to engage it he tried it will not engage So he asked me to bring it back for a technician to look at it Technician test drove it and scan and found multiple Codes. C145f,c1078,c211e,c1002,c1640 For tire revelation range and temperature disabled overheat battery voltage low and brake pedal switch All cold stored tire revelation code is active at time of driving then Stores Tires Possible mismatch Overall diameter causing multiple codes subtotal 88 dollars Nothing is fixed and having all the same problem guys I am in big trouble what am i to do. Please help Sorry for any misspellings I'm not I code talker so am lost. Thanks Brad
post #20 of 24 Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM
tspearson

Same problem

I am having the same problem with my 2014 compass. The low pressure light came on a couple of weeks after I purchased the vehicle but all the pressures were good. Then the light went off and no more problems until this week. The light has come back on and will not go off. All pressures are good and my local shop checked yesterday and said that neither sensor on the drivers side tires are responding so off to the dealer tomorrow.
post #21 of 24 Old 10-10-2014, 06:38 PM
XJ99

2019 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Kind of the same problem. 2014 Patriot, TPM comes on when
driving for an hour or so. After about 5 mins, it goes back off.

Was told it was normal. Funny, the Commander doesn't do it.

When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.
post #22 of 24 Old 01-01-2016, 09:27 AM
cahaldo

Our 2015 Compass has the same system. I wonder, when the light comes on it checks and says "tirE". Dos that designate witch tire it is, or is this just a stupid function of the dash panel? It would be helpful in drilling down to the correct tire instead of aving to service an 5 (include the spare!)
post #23 of 24 Old 07-24-2017, 10:43 AM
toothfairy12

I have a Jeep Compass 2010 and my tire senor light popped up while driving. i checked the tires a week before as the sensor light came on and noticed 1 tired was a little low so filled it with air. now a week later sensor light back on again,
and i checked tires, and no air is required. so now i am not sure what to do. sensor light is still on?
post #24 of 24 Old 08-01-2017, 12:10 PM
zoner99
2014 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothfairy12 View Post
I have a Jeep Compass 2010 and my tire senor light popped up while driving. i checked the tires a week before as the sensor light came on and noticed 1 tired was a little low so filled it with air. now a week later sensor light back on again,
and i checked tires, and no air is required. so now i am not sure what to do. sensor light is still on?
A 2010 model would likely have the metal tire stems (they are silver colored). These are known to have corrosion issues which can cause small leaks. Easiest way to check for that is to use 'snoop', which is soap and water (or you can buy it). Wet the stems down with snoop and any air leaks will show up as bubbles. A 2010 model could also simply have some age related issues if they are the original sensors, so the sensors may need to be serviced or replaced. If you do replace them get the rubber stem ones, not the metal.

First thing first though, try pumping that tire up again and go a bit higher than the normal pressure. The control logic probably has a deadband as well as some temperature compensation. So sometimes you need to go to a higher pressure to get it to reset.

Tags
compass , mk , patriot , tire pressure , tpms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in