newbie - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-21-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
swift101

2014 MK Compass 

Hi everyone. newbie here. I have 14 latitude 2.4l w/ freedom II tranny steel metallic color.

Now for my question. Has anyone had to repair or replace side mirror? Like the glass, and the mechanism the moves the glass? Long story short. U frubared mine. I do have replacement parts. But I don't want to destory the replacement parts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-26-2019, 08:35 PM
rjlindblom

Garage
To replace it, the door panel pops off and there is a wire harness and studs mount it to the door. Most of the time there are three studs held on with nuts.

Once you pop the panel off, usually that is a combination of screws and tabs that snap in to place, unhook the harness, that is a snap connection. Next, undo the nuts, holding on to them. Take the mirror off. To put the new one on, it is the reverse of what I described. Any more it is easier to replace the whole thing rather than trying to repair the old mirror.

Maybe I should have first asked, what parts are messed up and and what parts do you have?

Ryan
2016 Compass
KE0LXT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in