Jeep Patriot 2012 Remote Starter - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-12-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
amanda.krauss

Jeep Patriot 2012 Remote Starter

I have a 2012 Jeep Patriot and my remote starter is not working. It has worked for all 7 years of owning it until recently. I've tried process of elimination to see what's wrong and I can't figure it out. I have a full tank of gas, the car is locked and all doors, trunk, and hood are closed. The check engine light is not on. The only light I have on is for my tires because my snow tires are now on. Also, I press the button twice on my key and my car beeps once. When it used to work, it would beep twice and it then would automatically start. I know it's not the batteries in my keys since my car unlocks/locks with ease and especially since when I press twice for the remote start, it beeps once, so I know it's responding. Any recommendations before I have to take it in? Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-12-2019, 01:52 PM
jtec

2014 JK Wrangler 

Might want to check codes with a scanner BEFORE spending serious time chasing circuits.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-13-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
amanda.krauss

Thank you for your reply. I checked the codes last night and nothing came up.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-14-2019, 11:29 AM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda.krauss View Post
I have a 2012 Jeep Patriot and my remote starter is not working. It has worked for all 7 years of owning it until recently. I've tried process of elimination to see what's wrong and I can't figure it out. I have a full tank of gas, the car is locked and all doors, trunk, and hood are closed. The check engine light is not on. The only light I have on is for my tires because my snow tires are now on. Also, I press the button twice on my key and my car beeps once. When it used to work, it would beep twice and it then would automatically start. I know it's not the batteries in my keys since my car unlocks/locks with ease and especially since when I press twice for the remote start, it beeps once, so I know it's responding. Any recommendations before I have to take it in? Thank you!
have you looked at the gauge cluster display while trying to remote start . some jeeps tell you what's wrong. A failing engine battery is one of the first things I would look for though if there's nothing else obvious. Even if the battery seems like it's starting the jeep fine, the remote start will have different , more strict, parameters then the manual key start.
Another quick thing to try is with the jeep open and all doors closed, lock the jeep with fob 2 times, ensure all doors are locked, then try the remote start.

The following messages will display in the EVIC if the vehicle fails to remote start or exits remote start prematurely:

• Remote Start Aborted — L/Gate Ajar
• Remote Start Cancelled — Door Open
• Remote Start Cancelled — Hood Ajar
• Remote Start Cancelled — Fuel Low
• Remote Start Cancelled — System Fault

The EVIC message stays active until the ignition is turned to the ON/RUN position.

• If an engine fault is present or fuel level is low, the vehicle will start and then shut down in 10 seconds.

All of the following conditions must be met before the engine will remote start:

• Shift lever in PARK
• Doors closed
• Hood closed
• Hazard switch off
• Brake switch inactive (brake pedal not pressed)
• Ignition key removed from ignition switch
• Battery at an acceptable charge level
• RKE PANIC button not pressed
• System not disabled from previous remote start event
• Vehicle theft alarm not active

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot
post #5 of 5 Old 11-14-2019, 12:04 PM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda.krauss View Post
Hello amanda.krauss,
We certainly understand why this would be concerning. Please feel free to let us know via private message if you decide to address this with your dealer and we will gladly assist you during that process.
Laura
JeepCares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in