Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Interior Dome Light?

12K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  Argent33 
#1 ·
The owners manual states they are T578's

does anyone know if these are also known by some other name or number? Trying to do some research and can't even find T578 bulbs listed that way online.

#3 ·
rock on - thanks Gramps - what about the rear dome? it's listed as an 8-A35LF

Looking at ordering up some white LED replacement ones for the interior domes and I can get them in 578's

#6 ·

Attachments

#7 ·
Hmm wonder what they consider the rear dome vs cargo (unless if you don't have a sunroof you have a dome light over the 2nd row of seating?)

I have just the two lights with the sunroof controls and the one in the rear next to the LED flashlight...

Ah well either way - thanks for the help Gramps! Trying to rid my cabin of the sickly yellow color the stock lights give off.

#8 ·
#9 ·
UPDATE: Just ordered replacement LED interior lamps from www.v-leds.com

Two of these for the front
HID WHITE M-SMT 20 LED DOME LIGHT BULB

And after emailing their tech support to see if they had any C5W bulbs or equivalents (for the rear dome with the LED flashlight) their closest option was a 38m festoon bulb (C5W's are 36mm) so I ordered one of them too
HID WHITE M-SMT 12 LED DOME/LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BULB

I'm pretty geeked about these - I'll update more when I get them and get them installed and get rid of the sickly yellow color thats in there now! :D

#24 ·
UPDATE: Just ordered replacement LED interior lamps from V-LEDS.COM High Power Automotive LED Replacment Bulbs, V-HID Headlight Kits

Two of these for the front
HID WHITE M-SMT 20 LED DOME LIGHT BULB

And after emailing their tech support to see if they had any C5W bulbs or equivalents (for the rear dome with the LED flashlight) their closest option was a 38m festoon bulb (C5W's are 36mm) so I ordered one of them too
HID WHITE M-SMT 12 LED DOME/LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BULB

I'm pretty geeked about these - I'll update more when I get them and get them installed and get rid of the sickly yellow color thats in there now! :D
I just ordered a replacement to try in my new Patriot just for the front and found a coupon for 15% off - COMMANDER15

It worked for me just an hour ago!!!

Enjoy.

#16 ·
sorry to bump such an old thread, but i was curious how these are working out for you argent? still going strong? also, did the rear bulb work out? i'm interested in doing something like this in my 09 compass but wasn't sure about the longevity of the bulbs. thanks!

#17 ·
I have to say that the LEDs look really great!

This brings me to a similar question.

I have a new 2009 Patriot that is pretty basic. The Dome Light is standard and I would love to replce it with one that has map lights:

1. Has anyone done this?
2. If so, did you buy a new one, or, did you get an aftermarket one, or did you get one from a junk yard?

Again, I like those LEDs and hope it has worked out for you all who bought them and await your feedback!

All my best.

#19 ·
good to hear! so you haven't had to replace them yet? also were you able to get the bulb for the rear dome next to the flashlight to work? i'm definitely going to get some of these, just want to get an idea of the life on them, and to make sure the back fits! thanks!

#20 ·
they still are working fine and yes the one I bought for the rear dome/flashlight fits just fine as well :)

v-led's will get my continued business as I work on replacing the rest of my bulbs with LEDs

#22 ·
no problem tbox - so far my plans extend to the license plate lights and then (depending on if I need an inline resistor or not) brakes/turns/backups

I wish the people who make the Patriot aftermarket LED tails would make some for the Compass :(

#25 · (Edited)
just pulled the trigger on a full set of dome/map bulbs as well as license plate and backup lights (hopefully won't need a resistor...). will post pics when i get them installed.

edit: also, the COMMANDER15 code still works, so thanks zettler! also found the code CLUBLEXUS which worked for the same amount.

#26 · (Edited)
ok so i got my bulbs in and have changed out the map lights and center dome (above 2nd row) but can't figure out how to change the rear cargo light (w/flashlight). please tell me i don't have to do all of the stuff listed in the link gramps posted.....argent, can you shed some light on this (no pun intended)? or am i just missing something simple? seems like the whole housing for it has some give, but i'm afraid to pull it too hard in case it's not supposed to just come out....lol

also, FYI, you will get the light out indicator for the license plate bulbs, so i'm sure it'll do the same for the reverse lights. so far, it seems like it comes on for a bit then goes off, but since i haven't had it on for more than the time it takes for the indicator to go away, not sure if it comes back on at all or just the one time upon startup.

update: so far it looks like the bulb out indicator does not come back on after initial startup (at least it didn't on my short drive to work), so if you can live with that it may not be necessary to get the resistor.

anyway, any help you guys can offer about changing out that back cargo light would be appreciated. thanks!

#27 ·
just wanted to give a quick update regarding the bulb out indicator - i thought it popped up each time i started the compass, but looks like it only shows up if you turn the key to ON (maybe at ACCESSORY (2nd notch) as well). when i started up this morning, i did not see the light, so if that's the case for the turn signals/brake lights as well (not sure about this so someone who's experienced a bulb-out with one of those can chime in) then there's no reason to get the resistors from v-leds.

i purchased these for the license plate 2 HID WHITE 6 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2825 W5W s (before i saw another post where you linked to the flank style lights) and they work well enough for me. they wouldn't be as bright as the flanks, but you get a decent amount of light from them since those bulbs are angled downward slightly. i'll post some pics hopefully this weekend.

for the reverse lights, i got these 2 SUPER HID WHITE 9 LED LIGHT BULBS 921 912 916 906 915. they work ok, but the stock bulbs actually end up being brighter since the housing utilizes the reflectors (or whatever you call em) quite a bit and these are forward-facing LEDs. i'm going to try to return them and look into what's available in "regular" bulbs to get the color temp i want (and hopefully still retain most of the brightness).

back to the rear cargo light - i still haven't worked up the courage to pull that housing down, so if anyone can verify how to change that bulb, i'd appreciate it. thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.