CVT Fluid Change - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-22-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
nwdc10
2010 MK Patriot 

CVT Fluid Change

MY 2010 Pat has 73000 on it. I know the manual does not call for a fluid and filter change until 10 years or 120K. What are others doing? Any idea on costs? Mine is staring to feel like it's slipping a bit under acceleration at slower speeds and I am wondering if the fluid is getting dirty.

Thanks.

Josh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 AM
ODubhGhaill
2014 MK Patriot 

The manual currently suggests replacing the fluid at 120,000 miles or at 60,000 if the following applies: "Change automatic transmission fluid and filter if using your vehicle for any of the following: police, taxi, fleet, or frequent trailer towing. (CVT only)." Personally, I'm going to have mine changed at 60K and not worry about it any more.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-21-2015, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
nwdc10
2010 MK Patriot 

So I had the fluid, and I am guessing filter, replaced at the dealership. Not cheap, $300 or so, and the CVT is still a bit jerky, more so than it was when the Jeep was new, has 74K on it now. Any ideas? I hear these CVT's are total junk, and then talk to people that say they are rock solid.

Josh

post #4 of 7 Old 06-01-2015, 07:35 PM
bigkat91

2011 MK Compass 

Garage
I have 105k on my 2011 Compass on original cvt fluid and I haven't had any issues. Bought the Jeep with 82 miles on it.

2011 Compass 120K miles
RRO Lift
post #5 of 7 Old 06-25-2015, 12:52 AM
TommyTom

I've done research on this. Many complain of tyrant troubles at 75000 miles. Seems the fix is in the engine not the tyranny. They claim they changed the spark plugs to Bosch platinum plug or the quantums. This solved the tyranny issues.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-25-2015, 06:42 AM
TommyTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTom
I've done research on this. Many complain of tyrant troubles at 75000 miles. Seems the fix is in the engine not the tyranny. They claim they changed the spark plugs to Bosch platinum plug or the quantums. This solved the tyranny issues.
Spell check!! Tranny or transmission.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-25-2015, 02:48 PM
98TJSE

sometimes a engine miss can feel like a transmisison slipping, my 92 dakota had a engine miss and confused the hell out of me i had even brought it to a transmision shop that said it was transmission and it was gonna be about 2500 bucks.. i cried, figured it was due for tune up anyway , did so and never had an issue after.. and this was a mechanical transmission so nothing interlinked like newer..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in