About to order a new Patriot - advice? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-28-2010, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
nicholsmf

2010 JK Wrangler 

About to order a new Patriot - advice?

Hello to all. Just dropping by looking to see if you have any advice. I am finishing up my three years stationed overseas and I just ordered myself a 2010 Wranlger. The wife needs a new vehicle when we get back to so I have done the paperwork to order a 2010 Patriot too but I haven't put the down paymetn on it yet to secure it.

My thoughts on the Patriot are:

1. I love Jeeps, always have
2. We have to kids (4 year old twin boys)
3. It gets decent gas mileage
4. It is 4WD (we are moving to NY)
5. The price is great compared to other comparable SUVs

I haven't really found anything bad about the Patriot, what do you guys think. Am I making a good choice? Just looking for any advice. I have always been a Wrangler guy with exception of one Grand Cherokee I had but the Patriot seems like a good deal.

Any words of wisdom from you guys?

Thanks
Mike

2010 JK Wrangler
2010 Pariot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Jeepva

DO NOT BUY A PATRIOT. Chrysler is buying mine back due to water leaks. If you are going to by a Chrysler product buy a Journey with the 3.5 engine, better yet buy a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox, FAR better vehicle than anything Chrysler has. I had a 07 RAM, 07 Sebring, and how a Patriot, all were poor quality. Chrysler 2.4 is real loud and the CVT tranny in the Patriot takes a lot to get use to. I wife hates the Patriot due to the tranny and the noisy engine.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepva View Post
DO NOT BUY A PATRIOT. Chrysler is buying mine back due to water leaks. If you are going to by a Chrysler product buy a Journey with the 3.5 engine, better yet buy a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox, FAR better vehicle than anything Chrysler has. I had a 07 RAM, 07 Sebring, and how a Patriot, all were poor quality. Chrysler 2.4 is real loud and the CVT tranny in the Patriot takes a lot to get use to. I wife hates the Patriot due to the tranny and the noisy engine.
Maybe you should have bought a Toyota. They are very popular I hear. There are MANY happy Patriot owners. All manufactures have problems.

Bob

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

post #4 of 11 Old 02-28-2010, 02:11 PM
miketmx
2015 MK Patriot 

We are very happy with our 4X4 2008 Patriot. I have owned Jeep Cherokees continuously since 1987, currently have a 99 Cherokee for hunting but actually the Patriot can go almost anywhere I want to go. Semper Fi miketmx.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
nicholsmf

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepva View Post
Thanks for the reply. It seems that from what I have found that the leaking issue was a problem on 2008 and earlier models. Not saying it isn't an issue with the 2010 I just haven't found any reports of it.

I am ordering it wtihout a sunroof so those issues will not be present. Also it seems from what I have read that in 2007, maybe 2008 too, they had an issue of sealant between the roof panels and side panels. I can't find any recent occurances of this either.

Thanks againf ro the reply.

2010 JK Wrangler
2010 Pariot
post #6 of 11 Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
nicholsmf

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketmx View Post
We are very happy with our 4X4 2008 Patriot. I have owned Jeep Cherokees continuously since 1987, currently have a 99 Cherokee for hunting but actually the Patriot can go almost anywhere I want to go. Semper Fi miketmx.
Thanks for the reply. I have owned several Jeep in the past (Wranglers a Grand Cherokee) and had no issues at all with them.

Semper Fi
Mike

2010 JK Wrangler
2010 Pariot
post #7 of 11 Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
deepnite10

though a L4..don t expect 30+mpg..the best i ve been able to manage is
27mpg..

i ve seen some of those storm s you guy s have been having back east..in most circumstance s i d just assume stay home..but, i would feel confident
going out with 4 wheel drive.. and get rid of the OEM tires and slap on a set of winter tires or a good set of AT s..

we all have a complaint or two..mine is the stock dampeners..they could have
stiffen d them up a bit..i ll probably end up getting a set of upgraded shocks
this coming summer..*gotta pay for these Michelins first*
post #8 of 11 Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
nicholsmf

2010 JK Wrangler 

Well I did it. I finally wrote the check for a 2010 JK Wrangler for me and a 2010 Patriot for my wife.

Now the wait begins until we rotate back to the US and pick them up in July.

2010 JK Wrangler
2010 Pariot
post #9 of 11 Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 AM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsmf View Post
Well I did it. I finally wrote the check for a 2010 JK Wrangler for me and a 2010 Patriot for my wife.

Now the wait begins until we rotate back to the US and pick them up in July.
Sounds like a nice combo! I have a TJ and my wife has a KJ. Enjoy them.

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -

'19 Tacoma TRD OR

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists.” Don Colacho

post #10 of 11 Old 03-26-2010, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
nicholsmf

2010 JK Wrangler 

We will certainly enjoy them. After 3 1/2 years in Okinawa driving 21 and 22 year old Hilux Surfs with a bazillion miles it is going to be very nice to settle into two new Jeeps.

2010 JK Wrangler
2010 Pariot
post #11 of 11 Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Welcome and enjoy!!!

"There's gold in them hills" (and I'm still stuck in Florida!) ...well, in south Miss now, lol

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.

Tags
opinions , patriot , problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in