2017 Patriot TB connector rewiring questions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-19-2021, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Cons1

2017 Patriot TB connector rewiring questions

I have 2017 Patriot Latitude 2.4. I've got codes P0221 and P2135. ETC and CEL are on. I've replaced throttle body once already with a non-mopar part. I'm replacing throttle body (w/ a geniune part this time) and wiring connector hoping a genuine part will solve it, or the new wiring will. I'm using current mopar replacement part (# 68420395AB).

My main question is this- The new connector is a different shape than the old one in the car. The wiring colors on the instruction sheet for the new throttle body don't quite match the colors of that are on the car.. Can I assume that the 6 wires will go into the same 6 spots on the new connector? AKA does the wire in slot 1 of the old connector go in slot 1 of the new connector?

I tried looking for the original part's schematic to cross reference the wires but I couldn't find it.

Second question- I'm not sold this is just a throttle body issue but also maybe faulty wiring or PCM. Here's why-

My original throttle body issue popped up last year. It went into limp mode and my Jeep dealership diagnosed a bad throttle body and a $1500 replacement cost. At the time I thought they were screwing me so I did it myself with a non-mopar replacement (maybe a bad move by me but seriously, Chrysler sucks). It only lasted a year before trouble codes came back last week. Live and learn I guess.

During that year though, it never went into limp mode like it did when throttle body issue originally came up. It did however, coast hard. Like the e-brake was on 25% when coasting to a stoplight. Also kind of like downshifting to get engine brake.. without the upfront jolt of gear engagement. No codes came up during this time. I thought the TB might need recalibration.. tried it myself. Had a guy reprogram it too. Neither worked permanently and it continued to coast hard.

Now that codes popped up again, its still coasting hard but doesn't go into limp mode.

I'm rewiring connect because I have to due to new connectors shape, but I'm also hoping it will fix wiring issue. I'm worried though, given all this info, that this wont solve my problem and its elsewhere... like a PCM issue.

What do y'all think? Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in