07 Jeep Compass - Need advice regarding mechanic - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-03-2020, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
WLM

07 Jeep Compass - Need advice regarding mechanic

Hi guys and gals. I dropped into the forum to see about finding some help for an issue that I'm having and have not been able to specifically find what I'm looking for. I'm sure it's not a common issue posted, because I am having trouble with a mechanic doing some repairs on my Compass.

I dropped it off Wednesday and told him that the right front bearing needed to be replaced (I already knew what it was because I've had to have one replaced before) and if he could please see what was making a cracking/scraping noise on the left side we could talk about what needs to be done on that side.

I got a call from him on Friday saying that the housing for the hub and bearing were a hard part to find and that it needed the full component on the left side and it needed a new arm on the right. While I was listening to him, I did notice that he said left hub and right arm but authorized the repair anyway because who doesn't get their left and right mixed up every now and again, right? Well, he finally called me yesterday letting me know that my Compass was ready, they had replaced the left hub and bearing and the arm on the right side. And when they test drove it they noticed that it was loud on the right side and that the right hub and bearing would need to be replaced soon. I said, but that's what I had brought it in for. That's what was supposed to be fixed. And he said, well we replaced the arm thinking that might fix the issue. We didn't drive the car to diagnose it because when we got it up on the stand we could move the tire back and forth the bearing was so loose, and we felt it was too dangerous to drive and didn't notice the right was making so much noise until we drove it after it was repaired.

So here is my question.........WHAT am I going to do?? When I walk into this repair shop to pick up my vehicle and the repairs that I took it in for are still not fixed and I have to pay him close to $1300 for the parts and labor cost for what was incorrectly fixed, do I go ahead and hand over my $1300? I am so lost.

Tags
compass , mechanic , repairs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in