What do you love/hate about your JK? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 91 Old 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
durable1

2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine's perfect! Uh...well, wait a sec. Oh yeah, when I slide into the drivers seat the seat belt buckle digs into my back.

And fear of the transfer case clip breaking in 2' of snow although I carry 2 spares. It's the fear I don't like.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 91 Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 PM
onroadcruiser
2010 JK Wrangler 

Jeeps are Jeeps - Wranglers that is. Most people who buy them understand that. Being a woman, my friends are very curious about the vehicle since most Americans are intrigued by them. I don't recommend them to any of my friends or even strangers who ask when it's getting service. If one aspires to a Lexus, one won't appreciate a Wrangler. My male friends, on the other hand, are fascinated. Two of them have tried to get me to sell the truck to them when I'm done with it. I won't be done with it. This is probably my final Wrangler and I'll hang onto it until one of us travels to that great country road in the sky.

The major disappointment to me with this 2010 Sahara is the V-6. Understanding that it is a six, and this is a Wrangler, my 98 Sahara in-line seemed to have much more get up and go. The other disappointment has to do with the fact that I had to settle for an automatic in order to get the price point set by my Minister of Finance. He put a maximum of 25 Gs thinking I wouldn't be able to find a dealer who'd go that low. Silly him. I negotiate deals with ivy league types all the time, and time is always on the side of the buyer. I waited out a terrific dealer in Overland Park, KS, but had to take the automatic. Still, it has everything else I wanted, Rescue Green, Sahara package and they threw in the Compass design spare cover. It truly is a gorgeous truck.

I met with the head of the service department last year to talk about the best methods to beef up the HP. It was hilarious and maddening. He races stock cars and knows what's what. Everything I suggested, he said was a waste of money = chip, headers, K&N filter/intake. "Waste of money." So, then I asked, okay, what about MoPar equivalents? "Waste of money." I'm used to Chevy products where you add headers and then turn 13s. He said this motor is an interim high mileage stand-in for the next generation. I get the exact same mileage with this V-6 that the in-line provided. Personally, gas mileage is very low on my list of priorities, but performance is first. Sorry, rambling. I'm done. This truck is cool no matter how you look at it.
post #48 of 91 Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 PM
JIMBOX

2018 LJ Wrangler 

I'm 99% happy with my '08 JKUR-

I'm not happy with the waterpump gasket--that is all !

JIMBO

Firecracker Red 2dr RUBICON--2018
Stinger Yellow 2016 RAM/Hemi/8spd auto 4x4

--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--

post #49 of 91 Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2012 JK Sport 3.6 liter Six speed, with the only options being Fog lights, AC, and cruise. The thing I don't like are the whole CANBUS system. We have machines at work that use the same system, and they suck also. I really wanted a Jeep, I don't need the ESP, ABS, or Traction Control. I am putting the switch in till I can afford an Aeroforce Gauge, since the steering wheel dance won't work on the 2012 JK's. The fly by wire throttle has to be sped up every couple of days to get rid if the lag. Every other day I speed it up, so it doesn't lag. The electronic are about all I dislike. Already have a harness wired for the headlights, and fog lamps just have to get time to install it. Plus it just got really cold in PA.
post #50 of 91 Old 12-22-2012, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
josephmartins
Long-time Jeep Nut

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
I love everything about mine so far except the leaks. The soft top leaks badly at the windshield, it doesn't seem to fit as snugly as the new Wranglers I see on dealer lots. This makes me wonder if my top is not original to the Jeep. I'll eventually buy a hard top. Other than that issue, I am loving my JK so far.
There are 2 different Sunrider soft tops that I am aware of from the factory. The "premium" version offers sound dampening and AFAIK better materials. I'm not sure if the premium version provides a better seal.

Kind regards,

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

12 Wrangler Sahara JK8, 01 WJ Limited, 96 XJ Classic, 00 XJ Sport, 90 XJ Wagoneer, 97 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 98 ZJ Limited, 5.2
post #51 of 91 Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
josephmartins
Long-time Jeep Nut

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinTech View Post
Along with the track bar bolts, plastic ball joints you cant grease...pitiful.
Interesting, what's the issue with the track bar bolts? Are they snapping on removal?

I can't stand sealed balljoints. No excuse not to offer those direct from the factory.

Kind regards,

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

12 Wrangler Sahara JK8, 01 WJ Limited, 96 XJ Classic, 00 XJ Sport, 90 XJ Wagoneer, 97 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 98 ZJ Limited, 5.2
post #52 of 91 Old 12-22-2012, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
josephmartins
Long-time Jeep Nut

2001 WJ 

Thank you all for contributing. I'll keep an eye on this thread from time to time to see what else owners have to say.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

post #53 of 91 Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 PM
wranglerboy13

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have fallen in love with jeep and my only gripe so far is the gas mileage. And my issue really lies with the government. The EPA ratings that the government gives and the stealerships advertises is 30 mpg highway and 22 mpg city (I am in Canada so that us imperial gallons). I average about 15 on an average commute going no more than 100 km/h and no less that 60 km/h and it's about 10 km to school and back. Getting 15 mpg really does not bother me, but I thought/was told that I would get 22 mpg for my commute and I am obviously no where near that. Even a straight highway run going 110km/h I haven't gotten the city rating. I wish they were more accurate, it wasn't an exciting surprise (but so not jeeps fault) . But I wouldn't trade my jeep for anything! Except a Rubicon haha. I can't help but wonder what a 2.5" lift and 35's are going to do to my fuel economy.
post #54 of 91 Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM
greengo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Been driving my 2011 sport-s for two months and really enjoy the sound of the soft top on a windy day.
The fact that I can actually work on most of the Jeep makes it interesting.
Here is a tip for small coffee cups. Get a micro fiber cleaning cloth and fold it twice then place it over the hole. Push your cup down a few inches and any spills will be absorbed by the cloth.
post #55 of 91 Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just had the dealer install the factory remote start on mine. It was my only regret buying it from the lot vs ordering it. So for $205 for parts, and $150 for the install, it's what I wanted.

I also bought the service manager and tech a case of beer as a thanks.

I live the fact that even though I drive it a lot, and pay more per month than I wanted to, I enjoy driving it. No matter what, at least enjoy your drive. Every time I hear a co-worker or whatever say they bought a car because it made sense or whatever, I think how depressed I'd be driving something that I compromised for. Not fun. Why bother?

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum

2013 JKU
1995 YJ
post #56 of 91 Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Double Dog
Back from da stinkin' box

2007 JK Wrangler 

Lose the carpet

Carpet was a loser. First thing I replaced. The black plastic bumpers and door handles stink, but they aren't an option. Love the JK as a whole though. Better ball joints would be nice as an upgrade.
post #57 of 91 Old 12-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Mine is not perfect and I've had problems. However, this is the easiest vehicle I've owned as a weekend warrior.

I find it user friendly and working on it is fun for the most part and saves me money.

I would have to say I hate my carpet. And honestly if I had a 100% rain safe jeep I would prob never run the top in summer or doors. I might take out carpet. Change seats and do bed liner inside. Marine stereo also a possibility.

OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
post #58 of 91 Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
laffman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Our JK is my GF's, so I'm not driving it every day. But every time I drive it and use the cruise control, that darn cruise level behind the steering wheel drives me up the wall. It's not convenient at all. Why couldn't they have left the buttons on the steering wheel like the TJ has? Guess I'm too use to my Chevy Silverado.

We've only owned it for a month and a half, so I haven't done any maintenance on it. Can't wait to find out what kind of headaches that causes.

1990 Jeep YJ Laredo 4.2 I-6
2010 Jeep JK Islander 3.8 V-6
1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler 304 V-8
post #59 of 91 Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM
varnerme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffman
Our JK is my GF's, so I'm not driving it every day. But every time I drive it and use the cruise control, that darn cruise level behind the steering wheel drives me up the wall. It's not convenient at all. Why couldn't they have left the buttons on the steering wheel like the TJ has? Guess I'm too use to my Chevy Silverado.

We've only owned it for a month and a half, so I haven't done any maintenance on it. Can't wait to find out what kind of headaches that causes.
The cruise buttons on the 2013 are on the steering wheel.

1995 YJ
2013 JKUR
post #60 of 91 Old 12-27-2012, 02:36 PM
MoreMud
2012 JK Wrangler 

A jeep is a jeep, and you would expect most of the things mentioned here.

The one thing that drive me NUTS is the traction control.... every time I hit the slightest patch of snow or ice the throttle just shuts down... HATE IT !!!!! hitting the off button doesn't actually shut it off either.....I despise the fact that the worlds most capable off road vehical has been dumbed down so so that a 16 year old high school kid can't get into trouble in it nor can an experienced driver have any fun in it either

2012 JKU Rubicon
Rugged Ridge Front bumper w/storage ends Rugged Ridge 8500 Winch w/ synthetic rope
PIAA ATP off road lights, full light bar, Terraflex leveling kit, Mygig lockpick
just getting started.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in