What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1757 - JeepForum.com
 581Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26341 of 26449 Old 11-13-2019, 08:07 PM
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmoggy1 View Post
Which cable?
If ur talking about the brake cable it has 2” of slack, i can push up on that cable with my fingers and right at 2” is when it starts to pull on the pedal. Brake lights are a hopkins 56200 kit and i have the roadmaster 88400 brake light relay kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good. Just saying, that cable will stretch a bit. Doing the turn buckle mod really makes it a lot easier to adjust.

On our JKUR I used the Roadmaster pop in socket lights. On the 2018 and earlier Jeeps you can do that. The new JL's don't have those caverous tail light assembles I guess. I didn't want to tap into the Jeep wiring anymore than I needed to. And the Roadmaster lamp sockets kit gives you double the brake lights. I did tap into the brake light switch at the petal to install a Demco Coachlink brake monitor that sits on my Motorhome dash.

2006 Solar Yellow Rubicon Unlimited
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26342 of 26449 Old 11-13-2019, 08:26 PM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

What did you do to your JK today?

Ya i have the light monitor on my dash that lets me know brakes are on. Ill look into that turnbuckle thing after we get back
Thanks for the info
When u have time can you pm me a pic of what that setup looks like with the turnbuckles on it
post #26343 of 26449 Old 11-14-2019, 01:47 AM
Bigbob

Quote:
Ya i have the light monitor on my dash that lets me know brakes are on. Ill look into that turnbuckle thing after we get back
Thanks for the info
When u have time can you pm me a pic of what that setup looks like with the turnbuckles on it

The turnbuckle just mounts mid way more or less between the Jeep bumper and the bracket the cable runs through on the hitch.

The light thing that comes with the hitch just lets you know the surge mechanism activates, it doesn't tell you the Jeep brake petal has been depressed.

Looks like you hook your hitch to the D rings. Did you have them build those mounts? You can get D ring mounts for many other hitches, but the NSA is huge. I use the Rockhard bumper with Blue Ox attachments on the JKUR but I haven't come up with anything to tow my LJ via the D rings yet.

Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!

post #26344 of 26449 Old 11-14-2019, 07:17 AM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

Yes i had to send nsa my measurements and they made the larger mounts(attachments) for my bumper because its not a regular dring shape then my safety cables go thru the top

The relay kit i installed has an exre wire that i plan to run a red led light on top of my jeep dash so i can see thru my camera that the pedal has been depressed
post #26345 of 26449 Old 11-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Bigbob

Quote:
Yes i had to send nsa my measurements and they made the larger mounts(attachments) for my bumper because its not a regular dring shape then my safety cables go thru the top

The relay kit i installed has an exre wire that i plan to run a red led light on top of my jeep dash so i can see thru my camera that the pedal has been depressed

Yeah I spoke with them and they offered that service as well. They are supposed to start offering them soon cause they get lots of calls.

I may just build my own for the LJ.

Again, you will love that hitch.

Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
post #26346 of 26449 Old 11-14-2019, 06:32 PM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

Great 100 miles today to possoum kingdom state park in texas

post #26347 of 26449 Old 11-26-2019, 02:16 AM
92XJT

2016 JK Wrangler 

Add a Rough Country ML-6.
So far wired up some 7" LED floods on the front winch bumper, and yesterday before heading to work my A pillar ones came in. Still need to add some 3" pods in rear bumper, and down the road 6 rock lights.
Attached Thumbnails
RC lighting circuit.jpg  
Bigbob and Harriedtwo like this.

'14 Ram 2500
'16 WK2 75th addition
'16 JKU 2.5" lift, 35s, 4.56 gears, lockers
CJ6, 47 willys cj2a
post #26348 of 26449 Old 11-28-2019, 01:13 AM
evanroman

Away for the last 3 days from my JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26349 of 26449 Old 11-28-2019, 10:25 AM
HappyTrails

2008 JK Wrangler 

Replaced spark plug wires and finally got rid of that pesky P0302 code (cylinder #2 misfire).
Took it out on the road, stomped on it, got boost up to 8psi, and NO check engine light!
Yay!!

2008 2-dr Rubicon, auto,
RK 2.5" Max Travel, Rancho 9000XL shocks, 37" Nittos, 5.38's, RR skids, Warn VR8000-S.
RIPP Gen 2 Stg 2 Supercharger.
Political Correctness offends me.
post #26350 of 26449 Old 12-03-2019, 06:43 AM
sprkeng

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Is it the drop in type of air filter from K & N? Just wondering where the advantage is to buying an off the shelf K & N air filter. I have bought my K & N filters from Extreme Terrain for my JK and Tundra about $50.

2011 Wrangler JK Sport
All Standard Stock 6 Speed Transmission
2.5 lift new Bestop NK softop
post #26351 of 26449 Old 12-07-2019, 04:21 PM
NoCheapJeeps

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
In the ongoing attempt(s) to fix my wandering steering I yanked off a tire to get at some ball joints that I thought might be seizing up thanks to a noise I heard when turning the steering wheel.

Turns out the lower ball joint had some very minor play in it and didn't need replacing but the lower tie rod turned up a bit of a surprise. I was busy a few months back when I ordered some new tie rods (again, to try and fix this steering issue) so I had a local shop do the install. When we pulled that tie rod off we discovered that the passenger side hadn't actually been greased. The nipple had grease, but there was none inside.

Managed to get a few squeezes of grease inside but it's still on the stiff side and won't take as much grease as its supposed to. So the guys who installed the tie rod installed a bad one, tried to grease it, failed, and did the whole mechanic's trick of smearing some on the nipple and calling it a day.

They're going to get a visit Monday after work. It would be a good idea for them to be accommodating.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20191207_11_06_50_Pro.jpg  

Jeep - Because no one ever grew up dreaming of a Ford Escape...
post #26352 of 26449 Old 12-11-2019, 02:18 PM
boosthead

New tires. Stock suspension for now so ordered 285/70's

Jeff88 likes this.
post #26353 of 26449 Old 12-12-2019, 02:20 PM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

installing trackbar and sector shaft braces and new trackbar from synergy

post #26354 of 26449 Old 12-13-2019, 04:13 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
installing trackbar and sector shaft braces and new trackbar from synergy

be careful with the sector shaft bearing support( third shier). They do not tend to align very well with out some changes to the position its in. since we are talking bearings being off the center point will cause way more harm then you ever gain from this. even the whole mod is really for people that truly wheel only the hardest trails and is on 37+. since breaking that shaft is not something most will do.

I had one and after about 3 years of use i changed the steering Box to the PSC Big bore JK box< that thing is a beast and made the steering even when the axles are locked on 37s doable in hard trails. But inspection of the bearing support showed that is was wearing on one side and was really just adding strain to the sector shaft. I was aware of this too and though i had set it rather close to center even filed out the hole to move over as the way it came was really a bind. I think the issue is every jeep is not really same as the next. Since we are taking being off a little here is a lot we are in the thousandths of an inch here.

We wheel a lot and the jeeps mainly an off road toy that gets abused. Since owning this jeep and being in clubs and events most the years all year. I have never seen a track bar frame mount rip away on a JK. Tjs yes, jks no. I have never seen a sector shaft break. On the trail in real life. I have seen more axles break then could ever count. next to tire cuts, axle are right close. again this is on very hard trails were carnage is a common factor in a day of wheeling.

Be sure to keep it well greased as well. nice 2 door not to many people buy the 2 door.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #26355 of 26449 Old 12-13-2019, 07:09 PM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

Mine is a 4door. Thank you for the advice

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in