What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1740 - JeepForum.com
 510Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26086 of 26152 Old 04-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Urokira

JK

Just installed a Boss 1100m amplifier in my 2018 JK. Had these two 10" subs NIB that i've had for about 20 years...... boomshakala.... now to replace the factory speakers. maybe the kicker 77kick10's?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26087 of 26152 Old 04-15-2019, 06:23 PM
NoCheapJeeps
2015 JK Wrangler 

Absolutely minor stuff after work today -- those small little quality of life improvements that aren't big but make a difference.

Installed a dead foot pedal because I found the cabin geometry a little awkward at 6'2". Took it out for a quick spin afterwards and found it immediately more comfortable.

Put in a CB mic holder on the front passenger grab bar. Beats clipping the mic into one of the air vents :-)

Finally, put in one of those Redline hood quick lift systems. Absolutely unnecessary but it will be appreciated every time I need to go under the hood for whatever reason.

The real work will begin soon. The winch is sitting in my father's garage and a new bumper will be ordered in the next few weeks. Then the planning for the lift begins. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have her 90% of where I want it.

Jeep - Because no one ever grew up dreaming of a Ford Escape...
post #26088 of 26152 Old 04-15-2019, 07:09 PM
TJCrawling

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Aired down to 28psi and got low pressure warning, was at 40psi when I brought it home from the dealer. Anybody know whats the minimum to turn off the warning light, went to 32 and will try incrementally higher till I can get the flash module to set a lower threshold.

Tried pairing my phone to the Uconnect 430N and it doesn't speak to me, so no prompt for me to know what it needs to know to pair, no hands free calling for now voice works for navigation and music plays just fine.

Ordered the Rocksport edition 3.5" Metalcloak kit to eliminate whatever was put on by PO, get this baby right!!!

No matter where you go, there you are!

post #26089 of 26152 Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM
NoCheapJeeps
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJCrawling View Post
Aired down to 28psi and got low pressure warning, was at 40psi when I brought it home from the dealer. Anybody know whats the minimum to turn off the warning light, went to 32 and will try incrementally higher till I can get the flash module to set a lower threshold.

Tried pairing my phone to the Uconnect 430N and it doesn't speak to me, so no prompt for me to know what it needs to know to pair, no hands free calling for now voice works for navigation and music plays just fine.
I've found no consistency when it comes to the TPSM on my Wrangler. I can have two tires at the same PSI and one will trigger while the other is fine -- at least according to the computer.

I've had no luck pairing my Alcatel Idol 4S to the Unconnect either...
TJCrawling likes this.

Jeep - Because no one ever grew up dreaming of a Ford Escape...
post #26090 of 26152 Old 04-16-2019, 03:57 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

April 15th 8:34 Pm est

Removed or relocated a few small components from the engine compartment to install the New Sylvania H13 headlights. Removed the K&N filter for it's routine 2 year cleaning. While the K&N is being clean, replaced it with an STP temp filter from Autozone. Also, used 3 n 1 oil to lube the Tuffy hood lock.

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry
post #26091 of 26152 Old 04-17-2019, 07:27 PM
TJCrawling

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Installed Drake RocKlaw hood latches, no more worries about the hood coming to visit the windshield on the highway.
put new grab handles in front, rears didn't show up in the shipment
Attached Thumbnails
Rocklaw_1.jpg   Bartact.jpg  

post #26092 of 26152 Old 04-20-2019, 12:21 PM
DocAdams1
2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I changed the ground on my ham radio that is mounted on the center brake light. As cranbiz suggested I added a 5/8" flat braid and dropped my SWR greatly with the antenna that came with the radio. I am hoping to get even better with a center loaded antenna as that performed well with the existing setup. Thanks again cranbiz for your help!
post #26093 of 26152 Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 PM
TJCrawling

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Set out to diagnose the handling issues figuring i was toe related, found the toe was set at 1/4" toe out

This is OEM steering setup so that's simple until the adjustment sleeves collar twisted off. OK so I decide to do it the hard way and just rotate the TRE in whats now just a tie rod with whats left of the adjuster still in the tie rod, meaning I had to make complete rotations that left me at close to an 1/8th" or 9/16" as my choices for toe in. Take it for a test drive and get death wobble within a mile from home, get back and do the dry steer test (should have already done that) and found the TRE's on the drag link at both ends are bad, and the whatever brand trac bar that PO installed has a bad heim joint at the frame mount all simple fixes, but the Metalcloak order that has my new TB in it will be two weeks, and I need to order the Barnes flip kit and hope it gets here fast.

Not anything out of the ordinary buying something with 80K on the clock I guess, I would have ordered everything anyway to bring it up to my standards, the Jeeps worth it and needed me I guess

post #26094 of 26152 Old 04-21-2019, 07:09 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

With the warmer temps , I was able to touch up the newly installed Drag Link, Tie Rod & sway bar end links this morning. Just discovered that the bogus mechanic via that dealership never replaced 3 of the push pins in the lower air dam. Thus I've went ahead and removed the air dam. In doing so I've clean and painted all exposed areas of the front end. The axle, diff cover and other components, freshly painted makes the front end look brand new. Also, clean the shock towers and shocks with Goo-gone. Amazing stuff when one may have over sprayed paint onto their gold coils. A little goo gone on a rag took that over spray right off.

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry
post #26095 of 26152 Old 04-22-2019, 03:29 PM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

With the weather forecast pleasant till Thurs, removed the half door uppers, But left the soft top and rear window intact.

post #26096 of 26152 Old 04-22-2019, 05:35 PM
WRasco
2010 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Front drive shaft

After a weekend hog hunting in the mud we rebuild the front drive line using a TeraFlex JK Rzeppa CV Replacement kit.
Simple & easy no more clicking
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9281.jpg   IMG_9247.jpg  
post #26097 of 26152 Old 04-23-2019, 08:27 AM
FireGuy1996

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Installed my new rear bumper. Bodyarmor high clearance, full tire carrier plus all the mounting accessories.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
post #26098 of 26152 Old 04-24-2019, 02:26 PM
amywest11

2009 JK Wrangler 

Garage
So today I received the new grill and insert for my jeep! Hoo ray!! I am hoping to install after I finish schoolwork tonight. Meanwhile, I do have a question. After the installation of new suspension system with lift kit and 33 inch tires my fuel mileage has plummeted! I know, I know, nature of the beast, however, does anyone have any suggestions of tweaks to gain a little back? I ask this question as my jeep is also my daily driver as well. Thanks in advance!

Amy L.
post #26099 of 26152 Old 04-24-2019, 02:39 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amywest11 View Post
... After the installation of new suspension system with lift kit and 33 inch tires my fuel mileage has plummeted! I know, I know, nature of the beast, however, does anyone have any suggestions of tweaks to gain a little back?...
Did you reprogram so that your speedometer is correct?

That is about the only slight tweak available to you (other than adjusting the way you drive)

The only other real option (solution) is to regear

Hoss

I'd rather be a few peoples shot of whiskey than everyones cup of tea...
post #26100 of 26152 Old 04-24-2019, 03:30 PM
TJCrawling

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Looks like I saved this before total failure, knew that tire carrier had to go as soon as I test drove it off the lot!!!
Mounted the Teraflex and couldn't be happier
Attached Thumbnails
tailgate-1.jpg   tailgate-2.jpg   tailgate-4.jpg  

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in