What is the Best Exhaust and CAI for JK - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
hamalmarzooqi

What is the Best Exhaust and CAI for JK

Hi Guys,

Based on your experience, what is the best CATBACK and CAI for the JK performance and sound wise. i like the deep sound.

currently i have a Volant CAI on my sierra Denali and i am happy with the sound, but haven't felt any performance change, so i am not sure if it will be the same of the JK or not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
run11rb
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have the Volant CAI with the Viper Throttle body setup and i notice a difference. Moparsupercenter was doing a combo deal with this setup

2011 JK Rubicon, Volant CAI, Viper TB, grab handles, floor mats and the Smittybuilt overhead console
post #3 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 06:13 AM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

I run the MBRP offroad stainless catback system. It sounds great, but not loud, and it relocates the muffler to under the driver's seat. Install is cake, takes less than an hour with basic hand tools.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at

post #4 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamalmarzooqi View Post
Hi Guys,

Based on your experience, what is the best CATBACK and CAI for the JK performance and sound wise. i like the deep sound.

currently i have a Volant CAI on my sierra Denali and i am happy with the sound, but haven't felt any performance change, so i am not sure if it will be the same of the JK or not.

If you have the 3.8L, it's not worth changing. Put the money into other mods.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Rudinater

2009 JK Wrangler 

wrong button

Thanks
Rudy Ackerman
In Oregon for now

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.

Last edited by Rudinater; 12-08-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: I made boo boo
post #6 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Rudinater

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamalmarzooqi View Post
Hi Guys,

You can expected the same amount of performance increase on the JK as you got on the Denali .. . . . .NONE, ZIP, Zero

The best you can hope for is a change in the sound and your wallet will be lighter

Thanks
Rudy Ackerman
In Oregon for now

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
str8fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
I run the MBRP offroad stainless catback system. It sounds great, but not loud, and it relocates the muffler to under the driver's seat. Install is cake, takes less than an hour with basic hand tools.
How hard was it to remove the oem muffler?
post #8 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 03:41 PM
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

I run a Dynomax catback and IMO it sounds great, nice deep sound and much better ground clearance than stock. Def no HP increase but I love the sound. In all honesty I think I lost some get up and go with it. OEM removal isn't bad but I strongly suggest spraying the black rubber hangers with WD40 or some other lubricant to help slide out the hangers

truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies...
post #9 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
silverbulletO5

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure but doesn't Magnaflow make a muffler for the JK?
post #10 of 11 Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 PM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8fan

How hard was it to remove the oem muffler?
It was easy. Only 12k miles on my rig though, nothing rusted or seized up really. Took less than an hour to rip out the old one and put the new one in.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at
post #11 of 11 Old 12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Munch520

2015 WK 

Not sure if it translates across the auto realm, but when I was building cars, CAIs really didn't make that much difference (besides sound). So I always shied away from the $150-300 'cold air intake systems' that claim 5-8hp (crank hp btw, none of that is perceptible at the tires).

If you want noise, any aftermarket filter that replaces the airbox should do the trick. I ran these on the inlet side of turbos before I fabbed inlet piping and they did just fine

2005 WK (sold)
2008 Liberty
2012 Rubicon (sold)
2015 GC Altitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in