Tires & rims size - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-19-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Shadi_obadi

Tires & rims size

Hi everyone,

I've got 35x12.5x20 tire & rim size on my jeep. Are these suitable tires for desert offraoding?
If not any size suggestions??

Shadi

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-20-2018, 08:38 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
depends on the trails. But over all 20" wheel is a BAD choice for off road. Unless say you are running 37++. 20" wheel will sustain much more damage. the tires 35 and less are just to thin to air down to much. they tend to be wide wheels too. like at least 10" wide where off road you tend to see no more than a 9 or less wide on any 12.5 wide tire.

I live in AZ.

1 at least here in AZ wheeling alone in desert that can reach 120+ is real bad idea. anything goes bad and you may die out there. This happens more than people know. wheeling alone is just not the best idea.

2 Desert wheeling be sure to bring enough water IF say you get stuck out there. Food etc. more over if alone.

If you are in AZ. Join a group or club. There are so many here its easy to do. Those 20"s are expensive wheels and the tires cost more too, a lot. If you really like them maybe get some cheep 17s on a 35x12.5 x17 to use for trails? or just hammer those........ wheels take a lot abuse here in AZ. as do tires. if the rocks dont cut one a Cholla cactus will pin prick them to death in the end.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2018, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Shadi_obadi

Thnx guys for the advice I will try to replace them with suitable size if i found good deal.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in