Thoughts on this custom vintage style grille? - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluelinebrotha

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-09-2019, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Bluelinebrotha

Thoughts on this custom vintage style grille?

Tried posting this over on Wrangler Forums but the gestapo shut down my thread for some reason. They thought I was peddling stuff I guess. so I'll choose my words wisely here and state that this is just a concept at this time.

Anyways, I'm going to be mocking up a new grille with vintage Jeep influences (specifically CJ10a and earlier). I might make more, might not, really depends on reception.

Also seriously considering the vintage Jeep lettering as a whole vinyl or 3D emblem set as well and I've already been in talks with a few folks about those.

Here's a picture of my proposed grille, just looking for some thoughts. CJ10 had the 10 slots, hence the 10 on this design, but I could do 7 wider ones for the purists.

Thanks

RubiconFreedom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-09-2019, 10:21 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

Looks better than those darth vader grille things I've seen. The classic style on a jeep looks better IMO. But with that many slots, on an older JK/JKU does this warrant making the grille work. I've seen on other sites members creating Gladiator grilles too. some look good while others just not so sure. I think if the slats/slots work in orientation to the components within the grille, you have a winner. I'm always looking for new ways to allow for cooling.

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry
post #3 of 6 Old 08-09-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Bluelinebrotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconFreedom View Post
Looks better than those darth vader grille things I've seen. The classic style on a jeep looks better IMO. But with that many slots, on an older JK/JKU does this warrant making the grille work. I've seen on other sites members creating Gladiator grilles too. some look good while others just not so sure. I think if the slats/slots work in orientation to the components within the grille, you have a winner. I'm always looking for new ways to allow for cooling.

I'm going to find a scratched up JK grille and so some cutting/modifications until I can find someone who can do a mold for me.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-12-2019, 06:07 AM
Randglerjk

Make it out of steel. Then ill be impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 Old 08-13-2019, 10:05 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'd take a hard pass on that grill style

Reminds me of the cheap hot wheels knockoffs when I was a kid. Close, but no Buenos.

Hoss

If you had to choose between World Peace and a Jeep, what size tires would you run?
post #6 of 6 Old 08-13-2019, 01:56 PM
zjeb67
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like the look

Tags
grille

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in