Summer top/soft top - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
saskyjeep

Summer top/soft top

Hey guys, looking for your help on some advice about summer/soft tops. I spend my summers in Saskatchewan, Canada where the weather is quite unpredictable. I am looking for total coverage but also something that is easy to "convert" to top off quickly.I have a 2012 Unlimited Sahara, let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
XTJake

1998 ZJ 

If you are looking for a good, "all around" top, the Bestop Trektop NX is what you want to look into. The back and side windows zip out easily and then it becomes a full length bikini top. Also it has the Sunrider feature so the front part will flip back giving you that "open air" feel extremely easy. It seals up tight and looks great with the fastback styling it has. If you have any other questions please feel free to hit me up over PM and I'll help you out.

-Zach

Jake R. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
post #3 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 AM
cyberpyrot

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain View Post
If you are looking for a good, "all around" top, the Bestop Trektop NX is what you want to look into. The back and side windows zip out easily and then it becomes a full length bikini top. Also it has the Sunrider feature so the front part will flip back giving you that "open air" feel extremely easy. It seals up tight and looks great with the fastback styling it has. If you have any other questions please feel free to hit me up over PM and I'll help you out.

-Zach
I cannot agree more! also the price is very reasonable. here is my jeep with one on it.

I have attention defiiiii hey is that a rabbit?

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...

post #4 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 AM
bhoch

2012 JK Wrangler 

x2 on this top. I run it on my JK as well!
post #5 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Fellows
2011 WK 

For an Unlimited you could consider the Off Road Heros top.
http://www.offroadheros.com/

I find it pretty easy to get the top off and rolled up.
post #6 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
MEYJR
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am considering the same 2 tops. However don't these tops need to be left at home when removed? You can't really take them off when away from home and haul them around with you correct? We are thinking of taking a trip to Arizone this summer and need a top we can have on for the long trip there and back but off (or down) while there.

MEYJR

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Deep Cherry Red, 2.5" Lift, American Racing ATX Thug Wheels, 35x12.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
post #7 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEYJR View Post
I am considering the same 2 tops. However don't these tops need to be left at home when removed? You can't really take them off when away from home and haul them around with you correct? We are thinking of taking a trip to Arizone this summer and need a top we can have on for the long trip there and back but off (or down) while there.
I've got the Supertop NX, which is the more expensive brother of the Trektop. It folds down at the back (but can be completely removed if you want...takes an extra 30 seconds).

Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
post #8 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEYJR
The ORH top can completely store in the back. I don't know much about the Trektops, but they'll be easier to get and probably a little cheaper.
post #9 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
XTJake

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEYJR View Post
Basically it is a bikini top with windows, so you can remove it, roll it up and toss it in the back and you are good to go.

I ran a Trektop NX all last summer on my 2012 Sport and I loved it. The header channel and everything is so easy to remove it took 5-10 minutes to get everything off. I would roll it all up and toss it in the back since I don't run a rear seat.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I'll help you out.

-Zach

Jake R. |
Off-Road Outfitters

post #10 of 30 Old 03-06-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
saskyjeep

I think I am leaning more towards the Trektop NX, seems to be what I am looking for. Just wondering how big the package is when shipped. I need to drive back to Canada and my jeep is quite full already. Would I pretty much need an empty back to fit it in? also, where would be the best place to buy one of these? thanks
post #11 of 30 Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 AM
XTJake

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyjeep View Post
I think I am leaning more towards the Trektop NX, seems to be what I am looking for. Just wondering how big the package is when shipped. I need to drive back to Canada and my jeep is quite full already. Would I pretty much need an empty back to fit it in? also, where would be the best place to buy one of these? thanks
Unfortunately, we can't ship into Canada right now, so if you have an address inside the US we could ship to, you can purchase it from us. We offer free shipping on orders over $75, so you can save a ton of money in shipping charges!

The box itself is about a 4'x4' square and 6"-8" thick. It weighs maybe 10-15lbs so its also not very heavy. I fit it in the back of my 2-door no problem, along with a set of soft doors, with room to spare.

Hit me up over PM if you have any questions or want to get an order placed. I can get one of our Jeep Experts in touch with you to get the order going!

-Zach

Jake R. |
Off-Road Outfitters

post #12 of 30 Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
saskyjeep

I am a bit confused of how much the sunrider feature exposes when pulled back on a 4 door jeep. On some web sites it says it exposes front and rear and I've also heard it only shows the front. Just curious if anyone has pics or knows the answer to this. Thanks
post #13 of 30 Old 03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyjeep
I am a bit confused of how much the sunrider feature exposes when pulled back on a 4 door jeep. On some web sites it says it exposes front and rear and I've also heard it only shows the front. Just curious if anyone has pics or knows the answer to this. Thanks
The OEM sunrider folds back on a 4 door exposing both rows, the 2 door is just the front.
post #14 of 30 Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 PM
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows

The OEM sunrider folds back on a 4 door exposing both rows, the 2 door is just the front.
On my 08 unlimited the sunrider is only above the front row.

If you are considering Arizona in the summer, you will probably want to have a roof on.

^^Jeff^^
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, D44HD/J8 w/ OX locker and RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 2635 Predator Alloys, AEV Prem Bumper, Smitty X2O 12K ETC..
post #15 of 30 Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto

On my 08 unlimited the sunrider is only above the front row.

If you are considering Arizona in the summer, you will probably want to have a roof on.
Not second guessing your top folding ability, but on my 2009 that has a 2008 top if the "W" fold is done backwards it covers the area over the back seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in