Summer top on 2017 JKU - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-01-2020, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
rockrb11
2012 JK Wrangler 

Summer top on 2017 JKU

I'm looking to get a summer top to cover my jeep in the event I get stuck in rain. I know they aren't made to keep you dry like a real soft top but just something to cover me enough to get home. I only have a hard top so I don't have door surrounds and don't want to install them as they will have to come off to put the hard top back on (I think?). Is there anything out there on the market that's easy to put on/take off?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-02-2020, 03:21 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
not that will seal to the doors with out the added parts. Have you tried just taking the top off but use the freedom panels as the a hard bikini? They are made to use with out the rear section of the hard top. That is why they have those bolts with the big plastic knobs. after taking it all off place the freedom panels back on with the plastic fold down stands. They hold the panels now and the bolts can be tightened. I used that for a time on our jeep. Not to long but it does work well, seals to the doors , no needed extra parts.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-03-2020, 09:06 AM
tecumsa
Web Wheeler

2016 JK Wrangler 

I've been looking into different things to give me better air flow and more of a "Jeep feel", I find the "freedom" panels anything but freedom. They're a PIA to remove, not real good place to store them, and if I leave them at home then it's a PIA if it rains. I was going to do a full replacement, but then I found this from Bestop:

https://tinyurl.com/y74gxzro

They tell me it's a 20-minute install, and when the winter hits it takes about 15 to remove it so I can then put the freedom panels back.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I see a lot of people around here running the sun rider, but I don’t have any personal experience to go off of.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-14-2020, 08:50 AM
2012JeepGCOVLND
2010 JK Wrangler 

Were you able to install the top and if so, how was it? Also looking for a similar solution.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-14-2020, 09:55 AM
tecumsa
Web Wheeler

2016 JK Wrangler 

Got mine on, love it. Quick and easy flip on or off. Open the back window and air just flows through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in